Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Re: New DigiTech TRIO - "Band in a Box"

Post by Conway »

slowfingers wrote:
Conway wrote:
slowfingers wrote:And when did you get a 65Amp and why am I only hearing about it now?
Got it from Opsguy as part of a swap for one of my PRSs. Now it looks like I'll be cashing it up if Matt is happy with it (and its a hard amp not to be happy with).
Bugger. Would love to have tried that!
There's 2 days before Matt comes to try it...
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Eruera wrote:Yeah the omission of a looper or a looper sync kinda dealbreaks for me, I'm simply not a good enough soloist to do the trio thing :-(
I guess it's just a matter of time before they realise that a combined Trio/Jamman is the next step forward. Hopefully...
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Conway wrote:they aren't stupid, they'll cash in. Hopefully...
this... I want to try 65 amp too. I can bring beer/wine/malt
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2483 times

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote: no looping though, it needs to do a whole run through your tune, then it thinks bass and drums and ignores you chord progression? as in it doesn't record it? I think if you've gone that far, I'd want it to play it back! or give me t he choice? did I miss that?
Don't see the problem; why not just put it in front of a looper?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

slowfingers wrote:
Bg wrote: no looping though, it needs to do a whole run through your tune, then it thinks bass and drums and ignores you chord progression? as in it doesn't record it? I think if you've gone that far, I'd want it to play it back! or give me t he choice? did I miss that?
Yeah spose, but then you'd have to hit the switch on the trio and the switch on the looper at the same time, or run through the chord progression twice, once for the trio and once to loop it. Just would be easy with a looper built in no?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

slowfingers wrote:
It has a seperate out for the drum and bass to go into a mixer, but a stereo looper would work I think?!??!?!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote:
slowfingers wrote:
It has a seperate out for the drum and bass to go into a mixer, but a stereo looper would work I think?!??!?!
Hmmm. This is where it gets tricky. The separate out for drum and bass is essential if you play through a distorted amp. An integrated stereo looper should work but would push the price way beyond many prospective purchasers, me included. Might be a V2 plan if the basic model proves popular.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I don't think the separate drum/bass outs are a problem, as long as you stick to the same progression that would work fine anyway. Of course getting it all to actually match perfectly might be an issue...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote:I don't think the separate drum/bass outs are a problem, as long as you stick to the same progression that would work fine anyway. Of course getting it all to actually match perfectly might be an issue...
I look forward to playing with myself to find out.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

slowfingers wrote:
jeremyb wrote:ut for the drum and bass to go into a mixer, but a stereo looper would work I think?!??!?!
Hmmm. This is where it gets tricky. The separate out for drum and bass is essential if you play through a distorted amp. An integrated stereo looper should work but would push the price way beyond many prospective purchasers, me included. Might be a V2 plan if the basic model proves popular.
I have a stereo looper already (RC-3) so it's not a huge step if I wanted to go that way, but I dare say when I get round to playing live I'll just use drum and bass tracks on my laptop :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Conway wrote:
slowfingers wrote:
Conway wrote: Got it from Opsguy as part of a swap for one of my PRSs. Now it looks like I'll be cashing it up if Matt is happy with it (and its a hard amp not to be happy with).
Bugger. Would love to have tried that!
There's 2 days before Matt comes to take it...
Fixed :D
Loving it so far

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

StratMatt88 wrote:
Conway wrote: There's 2 days before Matt comes to take it...
Fixed :D
You might want to hurry. :wink:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

slowfingers wrote:I look forward to playing with myself to find out.
:mental: :mental: :mental: