Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

malevolentsparkle
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

NGD & NPD

Post by malevolentsparkle »

Art & Lutherie Ami Cedar Black
No other guitar felt like this one. Ones worth twice as much just didn't do it for me. The Canadians know how to make a nice acoustic!

L.R. Baggs Element Active System

Visual Sound H20 V3 Chorus/Delay
'71 Epiphone EA-250 (JP) or 84' Ibanez Roadstar II -> MXR Super Comp Compressor -> Ernie Ball VPjr -> Bluesberry Hotcake -> Visual Sound H2O V3 Chorus/Delay -> MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay -> '68 Jansen Bassman 50 -> Carvin 2x12 Celestion Seventy80 Cab

Jim.h
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 88 times

Re: NGD & NPD

Post by Jim.h »

Nice stuff! That pedal has me slightly aroused

malevolentsparkle
Ashton
Ashton

I haven't had a lot of time to explore it but so far it is incredible!
'71 Epiphone EA-250 (JP) or 84' Ibanez Roadstar II -> MXR Super Comp Compressor -> Ernie Ball VPjr -> Bluesberry Hotcake -> Visual Sound H2O V3 Chorus/Delay -> MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay -> '68 Jansen Bassman 50 -> Carvin 2x12 Celestion Seventy80 Cab

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

malevolentsparkle wrote: Image
At first glance I thought that was a penis enlargement tool.. Not that I'd necessarily know exactly what one of those things looks like. I was just referring to the one in that Austin Powers film. Honest.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2483 times

Post by Slowy »

Those little A&L guitars are wonderful! :thumbup:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 597 times

Post by Starfire »

Yep, the A&L ami is a sweet parlor guitar. Probably the best non-vintage ones available. Looks cool in black too.

malevolentsparkle
Ashton
Ashton

So far it appears to have a pretty soft finish, i think it will relic up in a very short time with use.

malevolentsparkle
Ashton
Ashton

So my verdict on the Chorus: The chorus side is amazing. So many sweet chorus and vibrato sounds. Can nail the overdone 80s chorus tone if you want but it can do so much more - faux leslie, grunge era chorus, crazy freakout sounds (but luckily you can avoid them easily if you leave the 'detune' knob off), subtle thickening, phasing. and i'm sure there is more in there that I haven't found yet.

The delay on the other hand is nothing to rave about. It is a hybrid digital/analog delay in that the delay line is digital but the dry signal and feedback circuit is analog. But it doesn't seem to have any analog filtering or modulation on the repeats so they are a bit sterile. It does a half decent faux reverb which is what i find myself using it for most of the time, sticking to my carbon copy for longer repeats. It doesn't have particularly long delay time either, the CC has more time on tap. So its useful as a second delay/reverb but I wouldn't want to have to use it as my main delay.