fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 1 time

NOPD M I Audio Blues Pro

Post by fuzziebro »

Yeeew!

Been wanting one these older ones for a while now...

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Re: NOPD M I Audio Blues Pro

Post by Cdog »

woo! fired in anger yet? like?

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Nice! These are great ODs. I stupidly sold mine and might hunt another down eventually. I recently re-aquired an older version 2 Crunchbox just to have around for fun. Still the best "Marshall In a Box" I reckon :thumbup:

Enjoy!

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai

Post by fuzziebro »

I'm away from the pad for a a couple of weeks, so I wont be able to try it out until I get back...
I've had gas for one since I tried one out at a NZG gearfest hosted by Capt. Black, when was this? back in 2008 I think at the Manor...
Ryan kindly lent a heap of gear for the 'fest and this was one such item... loved the tone control and the smoothness...

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

... far too much time on DIY forums. I was expecting a gutshot under the photo!

Odd placement on the jacks, wouldn't mind seeing how the insides are arranged.
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai

Post by fuzziebro »

alanp wrote:... far too much time on DIY forums. I was expecting a gutshot under the photo!

Odd placement on the jacks, wouldn't mind seeing how the insides are arranged.
haha yes will oblige you towards the end of this week (or sooner) when I have access to my camera.

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

My Blues Pro never leaves my board. Everytime I consider refreshing/replacing it with another OD, I play it again and decide not to. It ended up being the only OD I used on the (soon to be released) Lord Of Tigers record too.
THE AMP SHOP LTD
Boutique Amplifiers, Guitars & Effects
Repairs, Modifications & Custom Work
http://www.ampshop.co.nz

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

AmpShop wrote:My Blues Pro never leaves my board. Everytime I consider refreshing/replacing it with another OD, I play it again and decide not to..
Same thing here. It's in the same league of permanent pedals as the EP Booster.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

So what's so glorious about that Blue Beastie?
I thought it was YATS?
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

TmcB wrote:So what's so glorious about that Blue Beastie?
I thought it was YATS?
It is YATS, but I really think the pedal industry is at a point now where you have to look at the TS as an industry-standard building block, not worry too much about its derivation, and then judge each tweaked version on its individual merits - some of them sound great, some of them sound average.

Blues Pro is a fat, high output TS type pedal. To me its primary strength is that you can put it in front of just about any amp and get something great happening (as opposed to magic-but-finnicky combinations e.g. HC/AC30). I also love its own clipping texture and the way the fat, high output slams a tube amp into clipping.
THE AMP SHOP LTD

TmcB
I may have a problem

Post by TmcB »

AmpShop wrote:
I thought it was YATS?
It is YATS, but I really think the pedal industry is at a point now where you have to look at the TS as an industry-standard building block, not worry too much about its derivation, and then judge each tweaked version on its individual merits - some of them sound great, some of them sound average.

Blues Pro is a fat, high output TS type pedal. To me its primary strength is that you can put it in front of just about any amp and get something great happening (as opposed to magic-but-finnicky combinations e.g. HC/AC30). I also love its own clipping texture and the way the fat, high output slams a tube amp into clipping.
I agree with the TS derivative thing, I was under the impression it was particularly close to a standard tubescreamer albeit through hearsay.

How do you reckon one of them would go between a LP/SG and an AC30?
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Very well...have done so with my AC30.

Further to Ryan's points, the BP can be dialed down to a lower level of gain without losing chime and dynamics.

For some reason on mine, the fuzz switch doesn't work....but I don't care. Too scared to get it fixed in case the magic dust falls out.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

AmpShop
CustomAudioThingz

Post by AmpShop »

TmcB wrote:
AmpShop wrote:
I thought it was YATS?

I agree with the TS derivative thing, I was under the impression it was particularly close to a standard tubescreamer albeit through hearsay.

How do you reckon one of them would go between a LP/SG and an AC30?
Nah, it definitely doesn't sound like a standard TS, and the circuit is quite tweaked.

I like the BP into the normal channel of an AC30 a lot; into the top boost channel is good too as long as you watch the treble setting on the amp.
THE AMP SHOP LTD

TmcB
I may have a problem

Post by TmcB »

Well, I know what's next on the GAS list now

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai

Post by fuzziebro »

gut shot for AP ... Image