Trade-me Madness

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

spaceman
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by spaceman »

Why yes, thats it in one! I don't have any pics yet. It is SO naff that its totally cool. Is very loud, big fat Humbkr. Louder than my 'Pearly Gates'equiped Strat! Has been away getting the hell set-up, & should be bitchen! Will be playin it at Ganz on Wed night if any of you go along.
cosmonaught twang terrorist

philipnz
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by philipnz »

This is the coolest site for that sort of thing

http://www.myrareguitars.com/toplevel.html
Never put down to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity

spaceman
Stagg
Stagg

Post by spaceman »

damn! that guy has serious gas problems! if anyones into National/dobros check out http://www.notecannons.com Some pretty nutty stuff there!
cosmonaught twang terrorist

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

philipnz
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by philipnz »

One of the ugliest guitars I've ever seen.
Never put down to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

I have difficulty believing alot of the spout about those guitars. I'm sure they're good, but there are certain aspects about the finishing, weight, design and materials that prevents me from taking the "Best guitars in the World" line very seriously. And then there is the fact that in the end its never going to escape the "its just another strat copy" tag. One day I'll see one in person and will be able to decide for myself.

Anyone else here tried one?
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

always been tempted, but its taking woodgrain to the ridiculous levels. Would make a nice looking coffee table but a guitar? Don't they stock one or two in Jansens at newmarket?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

that one actually looks more like Kauri gum than Kauri (I realise it's not, but it looks like it ;) ). Personally I think it looks great - except for the butt-ugly headstock. I'd have trouble laying down that sort of money for one though. To be honest, I'd have trouble laying down that sort of money for any guitar; they're just wood and wires, after all. ;)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rog »

> To be honest, I'd have trouble laying down that sort of money for any guitar; they're just wood and wires, after all.

Me too.

I'm sure y'all know how I'd feel about the finish.. LOL :-)
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

the headstock is the one thing I like about it - can't stand those feckin' chrome pickups - way too blingy

might look ok on a purple guitar though ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rog »

> the headstock is the one thing I like about it

LOL - ur a weird bugger, bg! :-)
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

DBM Music

Post by DBM Music »

I must say.

Yuk!

Yuk all over.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Tsuken wrote:that one actually looks more like Kauri gum than Kauri (I realise it's not, but it looks like it ;) ).
Some of it is gum. All the dark patches are bark and gum solidified with oodles of epoxy and mabye the odd chip of paua. Classic coffee table appontments... He soaks the whole body in thinned epoxy (or similar) to stabilise the kauri. It makes for a glassy finish, but I can't see how that can be good for the sound.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

ash wrote:Some of it is gum. All the dark patches are bark and gum solidified with oodles of epoxy and mabye the odd chip of paua. Classic coffee table appontments...
It all looks like it's gum though ;) The wood is such an amber colour that it looks like those big hunks of Kauri gum you see f'rinstance in the Kauri museum up North - carved into a strat shape. I'd love to see it up close - just as a beautiful piece of wood (whether it's a nice-looking guitar or not, it's a beautiful bit of wood 8) )
He soaks the whole body in thinned epoxy (or similar) to stabilise the kauri. It makes for a glassy finish, but I can't see how that can be good for the sound.
It must be a bit like those Ibanez JSs - the production chrome-boy ones. I recall you didn't have particularly good things to say about their sound either. ;)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

goldtop0
Squier
Been liked: 112 times

Post by goldtop0 »

The pundits overseas hunt these gats down,I'm surprised to see one on TMe. It is a wee bit naughty to say worlds best guitar etc but the rest is true.
Doin' that scrapyard thing.