Total votes: 3

stuu
PRS McCarty
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Tremoverb Vs Triaxis

Post by stuu »

well, i think im having a "i hate all my gear" month (for no apparent reason). so im thinking of trading in almost everything i have (tremoverb combo & flightcase, ph3, dd3, tu2, ernie ball volume) on a simul class 2:90 and a 2x12. then hounding around on ebay for a triaxis pre and fx unit.

good idea? bad idea? il have to put a fist full of cash into the trade, but thats expected.

how do the triaxis's stack up? im a massive brand snob so i wont go jmp-1 (sorry, its just the way i am. its stupid, i know), perhaps a PSA-1 though. i want everything on presets because im lazy as hell (the main reason for going rack in the 1st place). i only really need 4 channels (at the most!) but i like the idea of having more incase i start up other bands.

the rig (as it stands) looks like this

prs McCarty
ernie ball vol
dd3
ph3
DTR-2000
Furman pl-8e
mesa tremoverb 2x12 (sometimes with marshall 1960ax quad)

the rig (when complete) will look like this

prs McCarty
DTR-2000
Furman PL-8e
triaxis
Boss GX-700 (or perhaps digitech 21-01 pending what i can find and for what price)
simul class 2:90
mesa/matamp 2x12/4x12

really what i want to know is: how does the tone in the triaxis measure up to the tremoverb? and would the extra money spent make that much of a difference?

philipnz
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by philipnz »

The triaxis is more of a Mark 1,2,3,4 type of preamp. It does have a rectifier mode. Awesome piece of kit. There is a second hand Traxis in the Auckland Rock Shop, they offered it to me for $3000. You could get them down i think. There has also been a 2/90 power amp doing the rounds on trademe unsold. Worth doing a search on expired listings and seeing whether he will relist it.

I'm in two minds what to do with my Boogie Mark iv. Its a lot to have tied up in a backup amp.
Never put down to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity