Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Molly wrote:I can't understand what I was thinking. I suspect we get something into our heads; some GAS-induced blindness, and can't see the value in the stuff we already have.

Yeah I think that sums it up well. I was fully prepared to sell both of my main pedals, my LP and even my AC30 just to essentially trade it for one guitar that likely wouldn't have been any better than the Tokai LP I have now. Maybe I need to allow myself more time to bond with what I have, maybe that's why I never contemplated selling the Laney as I feel as if I'm somehow more connected to it. Both the AC30 and the Tokai are ridiculously good, but right now they're more just innate pieces of gear rather than something I own, love and value. Could well be just a time thing; I can foresee that if I played the Tokai every day for a year I could possibly struggle to sell it :?:

One day you will want what you need, not need what you want :)
jeremyb wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Molly wrote:I can't understand what I was thinking. I suspect we get something into our heads; some GAS-induced blindness, and can't see the value in the stuff we already have.

Yeah I think that sums it up well. I was fully prepared to sell both of my main pedals, my LP and even my AC30 just to essentially trade it for one guitar that likely wouldn't have been any better than the Tokai LP I have now. Maybe I need to allow myself more time to bond with what I have, maybe that's why I never contemplated selling the Laney as I feel as if I'm somehow more connected to it. Both the AC30 and the Tokai are ridiculously good, but right now they're more just innate pieces of gear rather than something I own, love and value. Could well be just a time thing; I can foresee that if I played the Tokai every day for a year I could possibly struggle to sell it :?:

One day you will want what you need, not need what you want :)

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
I think for me half the fun seems to be in the chase. Maybe now I’m married it’s shifted from women to guitars/pedals/amps :-)
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:I think for me half the fun seems to be in the chase. Maybe now I’m married it’s shifted from women to guitars/pedals/amps :-)

Did you have constant disappointment with women too? Maybe you need to find some gear that's marrying material :mrgreen:
jeremyb wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:I think for me half the fun seems to be in the chase. Maybe now I’m married it’s shifted from women to guitars/pedals/amps :-)

Did you have constant disappointment with women too? Maybe you need to find some gear that's marrying material :mrgreen:

Until I met the wife, um yeah a bit. Good fun working my way through as many countries of the world though, one of the perks of working on a cruise liner :-)
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
jeremyb wrote:

Until I met the wife, um yeah a bit. Good fun working my way through as many countries of the world though, one of the perks of working on a cruise liner :-)

Mmmm must have been fantastic :mrgreen: good looking fella like you would have been getting some stink on his johnson most nights! :mental: