Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

A friend of mine took my beloved goldtop (yeah - that one) to audiozephyr the other day.
$250 later, I get it back today.

Big money for me to spend, but holy shit.
The thing is where I want it.
It’s made the decision for me to sell the arirang, cuz it’s redundant now which is a bit sad, but needs must I guess.

So glad to have my favourite guitar in such a state.
Single coil wrote:A friend of mine took my beloved goldtop (yeah - that one) to audiozephyr the other day.
$250 later, I get it back today.

Big money for me to spend, but holy shit.
The thing is where I want it.
It’s made the decision for me to sell the arirang, cuz it’s redundant now which is a bit sad, but needs must I guess.

So glad to have my favourite guitar in such a state.

Just out of interest, did he cultivate the job or did you just pay for the work you expected to be done?
Bass strings would get sharp during playing. No amount of sanding or lube (oh my!) would sort it out. Some of the frets has some buzz and whatnot - all just above my skill level and tooling.
Friend of mine was taking one of his guitars in so I chucked mine in too.

I don’t think warren was expecting me to go through with it, but here we are. So far it’s cured, rings like a bell, and I have to fight with it just enough for it to fight back.

Bang on.

So, no. He didn’t say “it needs this”, I said “here’s my problem” and he sorted it.
chur wrote:New PCB's in the post so I can build some more dirt. This time it will be the PedalPCB versions of -

Revv G3
Wampler Velvet Fuzz
Friedman Golden Golden Pearl
Wampler Pantheon

The Angry Charlie v3 I built last time is my favorite so far. (Also did their BE-OD and OCD options)

Parts from three different countries arrived on the same day. Bizarre timing. Guess I know what I'm doing in my spare time this weekend.

20190620_195145.jpg
Molly wrote:Some pics of the incoming Strat. '03 CS Lacewood.

Pickguard might have to go.

yeah that is nice. Agree about the pickguard...with that much going on with the neck and body wood a plain white one would look better
codedog wrote:
willow13 wrote:
Molly wrote:
Tortoise?

not my cup of tea :rofl:

I just put a tortoiseshell one on my surf green strat :thumbup: :D

seen a lot of those and yeah it looks cool...just not for me :rofl: