Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

KNNZ wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:ah just grab the one at Dollar Dealers in Birkenhead.

is that one for sale? Might drop by tomorrow!!

I have no idea, when they carried it out so I could test Danny's Splawn I nearly fell over so didn't think to ask.

It's a shitty pawn shop full of crappy DVD players, old fishing rods and other assorted junk no-one would want, so both the Splawn and the Divided by 13 cab made no sense at all.

Sadly, going in on a late Friday afternoon and watching the local "less than successful" people trying to scratch together some money for the weekend was actually a pretty depressing experience.
Conway wrote:But as I’ve told you already, the /13 cab is definitely not on the market!

:|

Bugger

:D
KNNZ wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:ah just grab the one at Dollar Dealers in Birkenhead.

is that one for sale? Might drop by tomorrow!!

Nah - they said it's not for sale for quite a while :-(
The latter... hes a bit of a nutter; believes everything should have a p90 in it and everything should have a fat neck - two for two, but he’ll never use the neck pickup because the ac30 doesn’t cope with them very well.

Anyway, jealous - haven’t had an Explorer.
Single coil wrote:The latter... hes a bit of a nutter; believes everything should have a p90 in it and everything should have a fat neck

nutter?..... sounds perfectly sane to me
Single coil wrote:
philly wrote:nutter?..... sounds perfectly sane to me

Fat neck bit sure, but having solely p90s in all your guitars sorta defeats the purpose of variation.

Depends on the player. I have no use for anything that doesn't do modern metal tones, so variation is a waste of money for me (I know this because I do own other style guitars and I genuinely haven't opened their cases for years).
P90's are very versatile once you get a noise gate, haha.