Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Danger Mouse wrote:
Molly wrote:Bit of a change of pace:

I really need to get one of those, they are pretty much everything I want in a guitar.

I had mine at the fest yesterday, I didn't get it out until towards the end of the thing though
willow13 wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:
Molly wrote:Bit of a change of pace:

I really need to get one of those, they are pretty much everything I want in a guitar.

I had mine at the fest yesterday, I didn't get it out until towards the end of the thing though

Yeah I saw the photos of it, missed out definitely!
Danger Mouse wrote:
willow13 wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:

Yeah I saw the photos of it, missed out definitely!

I saw them too. Always liked the offset bull's eye graphic.

I think I've been watching too many Pete Thorn demos but can't run to a fancy Suhr Modern HH Floyd thing.
Molly wrote:https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1794959037

Well, if my LP has indeed sold then with the Tele heading out soon enough and the 335 now on a Fastway van, I'll have the Charvel and this. Two Stratty things. Just the ticket. :-)

In the car. Seller, Resolute, kindly handed me back $100!

My kids are presently rattling through that....
Molly wrote:

Well, if my LP has indeed sold then with the Tele heading out soon enough and the 335 now on a Fastway van, I'll have the Charvel and this. Two Stratty things. Just the ticket. :-)

So... zengoat == resolute?
codedog wrote:
Molly wrote:

Yes. Second time I've traded with him. Last time he went out of his way to meet me. Seems like a nice guy.
Molly wrote:
codedog wrote:
Molly wrote:

Yes. Second time I've traded with him. Last time he went out of his way to meet me. Seems like a nice guy.

Interesting. I have dealt with him twice too, first time was not guitar related. So far no problems. He seems to have a bit of an undesirable reputation around here though... IIRC more on his buyer side though, a thing for low balling.
olegmcnoleg wrote:That’s a nice Strat Molly...
I missed the purchase, what is it?

Cheers. Only hit Buy Now on Monday whilst waiting for the kids to finish their Happy Meal.

It's a 2003 AVRI '62 in Ocean Turquoise. Seems totally unadulterated. Still got the CS 57/62 pickups with beveled magnets. All the original case candy crap too. I'm only saying all this to help mentally justify the purchase.... My Les Paul sold yesterday so I'll shortly just have this and the Charvel from opsguy.

Wife and kids out today so I'll get to give it a decent go.