Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

#799582
jeremyb wrote:$649 RRP!!!!!!!! OMFG!


I got a better deal, hence I hit RSDave up with promises of a night with you.

Having just spent 5 minutes with it flapping my pants, I'm more than happy :D
#799583
Bg wrote:
bbrunskill wrote:dear oh you dear you lot, why on earth are you buying shitty alto speakers! get some good shit that SOUNDs good!


Because its not, its an alto box (pretty standard for china) with headrush designed speakers and eq. Heard all of the comparisons, check it out for real.


Seriously though, I've spent a good 4 weeks investigating both... the alto box is a standard design and its actually used by at least 3 other manufacturers. Apart from that, having just spent the last hour or so with it - I wouldn't care if it was behringer. Dunno if its specifically tuned for the pedalboard but to me its next level. I've been playing it through my PA - with alto speakers hahaha - but this has stepped it up a notch ;) gotta play some more :D



and if you want to call the guy a liar, you're welcome :)
#799588
I take it back, they're not identical! The Headrush doesn't have a mic preamp, so the response is flatter (different EQ curve), so its probably better for modellers.

Nice!

(wonder if they'd let me open it up with the Helix and the bass guitar at band practice level lol)
#799591
sirvill wrote:
bbrunskill wrote:dear oh you dear you lot, why on earth are you buying shitty alto speakers! get some good shit that SOUNDs good!


What sounds good? :D

(I was looking at some QSC stuff but shit its expensive)


rrp of 2k... my ears are shot to shit... mmmm I'll not worry about that ;)
#799592
sirvill wrote:I take it back, they're not identical! The Headrush doesn't have a mic preamp, so the response is flatter (different EQ curve), so its probably better for modellers.

Nice!

(wonder if they'd let me open it up with the Helix and the bass guitar at band practice level lol)


They aren't identical... the headrush goes up to ELEVEN
#799594
Ok, tin ears and speaker differences aside...
This combo of Headrush pedalboard and Headrush FRFR is actually making me moist.

I'm getting the trouser flapping goodness with loud volume, and the lovely cleaning up on the volume knob.
#799595
Bg wrote:
jeremyb wrote:$649 RRP!!!!!!!! OMFG!


I got a better deal, hence I hit RSDave up with promises of a night with you.

Having just spent 5 minutes with it flapping my pants, I'm more than happy :D


were you playing with semi or a solid?
#799609
sirvill wrote:
bbrunskill wrote:dear oh you dear you lot, why on earth are you buying shitty alto speakers! get some good shit that SOUNDs good!


What sounds good? :D

(I was looking at some QSC stuff but shit its expensive)


I've always thought that the best way to describe QSC stuff is with the term 'Loud' haha. They are loud, clean and clear and therefore a good sound tech can get a great sound out of them. best thing about QSC is the 6 year warranty and the beating they take and just keep on going.
#799615
Yamaha DXR stuff is pretty nice, also a fan of the line 6 stage source stuff if you want a nicely integrated setup :)
#799648
sirvill wrote:I'm so cheap lol.
Me too! :thumbup:
Frey wrote:cimar model 389 classical
Dude. Tasty.
  • 1
  • 572
  • 573
  • 574
  • 575
  • 576