Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

HackSaw wrote:From memory the only quibble with the 2014s was nobody liked the 120th inlay? And then the 2015s came out and suddenly the inlay was no longer a big deal...

Yeah, think that seems to be the case. I like the notion of the E-Tune but it looks absolutely hideous - so thankfully my incoming one doesn't have it. Can't say the inlay really bothers me TBH :)
HackSaw wrote:From memory the only quibble with the 2014s was nobody liked the 120th inlay? And then the 2015s came out and suddenly the inlay was no longer a big deal...

Because they managed to come up with something even worse in 2015 haha:
godgrinder wrote:

That is just awful. Looks like the logo was written by a 7 year old with a marker pen.
olegmcnoleg wrote:
godgrinder wrote:

That is just awful. Looks like the logo was written by a 7 year old with a marker pen.

I think it was the signature of Les Paul himself, aged 90 or something like that. So despite it looking bad I am loathe to knock it as much as it deserves.
HackSaw wrote:yeah, not just one thing either. the scrawl, the hologram, the wide brass nut, the etuners, and I've no doubt forgotten other shockers!

Should be remembered as the year that the Chibsons were better....
Bg wrote:
HackSaw wrote:yeah, not just one thing either. the scrawl, the hologram, the wide brass nut, the etuners, and I've no doubt forgotten other shockers!

Should be remembered as the year that the Chibsons were better....

"that's not a genuine 2015 Gibson!"

"I know, it's a good guitar."
No longer in the mail, or even the shop.... now under my desk.
Big thanks to the GC RSdave for the dealio...
I now have a 2000 watt amp that literally goes to 11

Ah cool, nice! I nearly picked up the Alto 312 (https://www.rockshop.co.nz/shop/alto-pr ... eaker.html) which is the same, the Headrush is just a rebadge I think... until I heard it couldn't handle high volume bass guitar so well, which is no good for my purposes!

On that note, if you do get to crank it up with a bass guitar, let me know if it farts out, haha
Bg wrote:No longer in the mail, or even the shop.... now under my desk.
Big thanks to the GC RSdave for the dealio...
I now have a 2000 watt amp that literally goes to 11

That'll rattle ya balls!
bbrunskill wrote:dear oh you dear you lot, why on earth are you buying shitty alto speakers! get some good shit that SOUNDs good!

Because its not, its an alto box (pretty standard for china) with headrush designed speakers and eq. Heard all of the comparisons, check it out for real.