Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

#793334
AiRdAd wrote:that looks very cool. I've never seen a mustang with a cover over the bridge like that before either.


They all came with one back in the day. It's the same cover used on Jags/Jazzmasters. I bought a genuine one last year for $1 on ebay (auction, no one else bid). 8)

Conway wrote:
StrummersOfThunder wrote:The latest result of late night post on-call reckless reverb low ball offering ...
100% original 1968 Fender Mustang in lovely conwa...DAPHNE blue

Colour :thumbup:
Old and smelly :thumbdown:
Mustang :|


:lol: Totally agree on all emoji points.
#793335
Yeah - odd that I've never come across a picture of one with the cover on. I've seen heaps of pics of jaguars and jazzmasters with them on, but not the mustang.
#793341
sunburster wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:that looks very cool. I've never seen a mustang with a cover over the bridge like that before either.


They all came with one back in the day. It's the same cover used on Jags/Jazzmasters. I bought a genuine one last year for $1 on ebay (auction, no one else bid). 8)

I had no idea. Had to Google them. I really like the look of bridge covers on teles but they look a bit out of place on JM's...
#793345
mule wrote:
sunburster wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:that looks very cool. I've never seen a mustang with a cover over the bridge like that before either.


They all came with one back in the day. It's the same cover used on Jags/Jazzmasters. I bought a genuine one last year for $1 on ebay (auction, no one else bid). 8)

I had no idea. Had to Google them. I really like the look of bridge covers on teles but they look a bit out of place on JM's...


I usually take them off because I don't like my palm hitting them (which always seems to happen).
#793354
Conway wrote:
StrummersOfThunder wrote:The latest result of late night post on-call reckless reverb low ball offering ...
100% original 1968 Fender Mustang in lovely conwa...DAPHNE blue

Colour :thumbup:
Old and smelly :thumbdown:
Mustang :|


Mate, for me its as much the connection to the era of the music we play. For me a brand new shiny neck just doesn't compare to something smooth and worn. But that being said ive played some brand spankers that feel great too. My number 1 , custom harvester, for instance.
As far as the 'Mustangness' is concerned I agree they aren't my favourite offset, but I still dig em. Ive only played a couple and that was before I was really on the offset bandwagon so im not really informed. What is it you didnt like about them?
#793365
StrummersOfThunder wrote:
Conway wrote:
StrummersOfThunder wrote:The latest result of late night post on-call reckless reverb low ball offering ...
100% original 1968 Fender Mustang in lovely conwa...DAPHNE blue

Colour :thumbup:
Old and smelly :thumbdown:
Mustang :|


Mate, for me its as much the connection to the era of the music we play. For me a brand new shiny neck just doesn't compare to something smooth and worn. But that being said ive played some brand spankers that feel great too. My number 1 , custom harvester, for instance.
As far as the 'Mustangness' is concerned I agree they aren't my favourite offset, but I still dig em. Ive only played a couple and that was before I was really on the offset bandwagon so im not really informed. What is it you didnt like about them?

Don't worry about what someone else thinks of them, these are great little offset guitars. Yours will be a slab body which are cool but I think they came into their own in late 68 when they contoured them. One of the very rare diffences on a Fender guitar that came into effect after the CBS purchase that made the product better than the original. Killer purchase mate! Competition one next?:-)
#793366
kdawg2a wrote:
StrummersOfThunder wrote:
Conway wrote:Colour :thumbup:
Old and smelly :thumbdown:
Mustang :|


Mate, for me its as much the connection to the era of the music we play. For me a brand new shiny neck just doesn't compare to something smooth and worn. But that being said ive played some brand spankers that feel great too. My number 1 , custom harvester, for instance.
As far as the 'Mustangness' is concerned I agree they aren't my favourite offset, but I still dig em. Ive only played a couple and that was before I was really on the offset bandwagon so im not really informed. What is it you didnt like about them?

Don't worry about what someone else thinks of them, these are great little offset guitars. Yours will be a slab body which are cool but I think they came into their own in late 68 when they contoured them. One of the very rare diffences on a Fender guitar that came into effect after the CBS purchase that made the product better than the original. Killer purchase mate! Competition one next?:-)


Oh im not worried so much a curious. I realise they were student level offerings compared to the fancier JM and jag, but I dont know how far that trickled down in terms of actual quality.
Yes slabby she will be.
Funny, I used to love the competition stripe thing but recently ave gone off it a bit. If I was then it would be the orange matching headstock one!
#793367
StrummersOfThunder wrote:
kdawg2a wrote:
StrummersOfThunder wrote:
Mate, for me its as much the connection to the era of the music we play. For me a brand new shiny neck just doesn't compare to something smooth and worn. But that being said ive played some brand spankers that feel great too. My number 1 , custom harvester, for instance.
As far as the 'Mustangness' is concerned I agree they aren't my favourite offset, but I still dig em. Ive only played a couple and that was before I was really on the offset bandwagon so im not really informed. What is it you didnt like about them?

Don't worry about what someone else thinks of them, these are great little offset guitars. Yours will be a slab body which are cool but I think they came into their own in late 68 when they contoured them. One of the very rare diffences on a Fender guitar that came into effect after the CBS purchase that made the product better than the original. Killer purchase mate! Competition one next?:-)


Oh im not worried so much a curious. I realise they were student level offerings compared to the fancier JM and jag, but I dont know how far that trickled down in terms of actual quality.
Yes slabby she will be.
Funny, I used to love the competition stripe thing but recently ave gone off it a bit. If I was then it would be the orange matching headstock one!

I had one of those! Sold it to a mate in Hamilton for $1000 in the late 90's , which is what I paid for it. He's still got it!
#793368
I've long given up trying to boil personal preferences down to a logical explanation.

As far as the colour orange goes, and this includes any part of a tiger's anatomy, only one thing in the world has ever looked good in orange. The Dutch Women's hockey team.
#793369
StrummersOfThunder wrote:

Oh im not worried so much a curious. I realise they were student level offerings compared to the fancier JM and jag, but I dont know how far that trickled down in terms of actual quality.


They feel like student guitars. I started out playing my brother's 1970 Mustang in the early 90s. Decent guitar, but as soon as I played my friend's Jaguar I never wanted to go back. The mustang felt like a toy in comparison. Just my experience though. Lots of people like Mustangs.
#793370
sunburster wrote:
StrummersOfThunder wrote:

Oh im not worried so much a curious. I realise they were student level offerings compared to the fancier JM and jag, but I dont know how far that trickled down in terms of actual quality.


They feel like student guitars. I started out playing my brother's 1970 Mustang in the early 90s. Decent guitar, but as soon as I played my friend's Jaguar I never wanted to go back. The mustang felt like a toy in comparison. Just my experience though. Lots of people like Mustangs.


I certainly dont expect it to outgun my 64 jag or either of my JMs but I think it will sit nicely within the collection. Otherwise it will mak a good cutting board.
  • 1
  • 564
  • 565
  • 566
  • 567
  • 568
  • 602