Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Aaaaaaaand spark plugs!
As well as headphones for ms. Single coils bday next month.
Just took delivery of one of these:

We've been trialling one for Bull Kelp Surfers gigs and decided it was too good a piece of kit to pass up. The smaller models are also really good and probably would've been ample, but this one has a built in multi-track recorder- just plug in a USB flash drive and you're good to go.

It's a ridiculous piece of kit- 24 channel mixer with 8 aux outputs, 2 headphone outs, built in amp modelling on the first two inputs, 4 Lexicon FX units, DBX EQ and compression on every channel, built in feedback suppression on the aux outs, a built in WiFi network, all controlled via a browser app from any device that can connect to it.
StratMatt wrote:The sound guy for us on Tuesday night had one of those. He's just cruising round with his iPad setting the levels, pretty cool!

Yeah, it’s great if you have to do your own sound too. Another great thing is you can use multiple devices to control it, so the soundie can do the FOH and the band can handle their own monitor levels.
more of a in my workshop, lovely new fretwire courtesy of stewmac in the biggest box ever for a few lengths. Even the string trees were in a huge paper bag within the box.
We're a carbon zero company, I got shakes of the head and tsk tsk when I showed the size of the packaging. Still its all recyclable....
Bg wrote:more of a in my workshop, lovely new fretwire courtesy of stewmac in the biggest box ever for a few lengths. Even the string trees were in a huge paper bag within the box.
We're a carbon zero company, I got shakes of the head and tsk tsk when I showed the size of the packaging. Still its all recyclable....

Cool. Can we have whole process documented in Single_Coil-like detail?