Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Is it blue (sonic blue) or one of them sea foam green type deals?

/colourblind
Thewilltopowerrock wrote:Actually having wondered about it some more it does have a whiff of the hello kitty strat about it, which not even a dirty relic look can remedy.

Agreed, I'd seen that one (but thanks for pointing it out). I think that finish would work for me if it was very reliced, otherwise--meow. Each to their own...
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Thewilltopowerrock wrote:Actually having wondered about it some more it does have a whiff of the hello kitty strat about it, which not even a dirty relic look can remedy.

Agreed, I'd seen that one (but thanks for pointing it out). I think that finish would work for me if it was very reliced, otherwise--meow. Each to their own...

No, I'm with you. It seems it's only halfway feasible as long as you stick with the rosewood board as originally done. Good luck with your search! :)
Thewilltopowerrock wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
WellyBlues wrote:
Jeepers, Denche has been a member of the forum all along. Urrrgggghhhhh.

Ymmv.

That finish does not look like it was applied with a brush to me...

I'm still wondering what kind of Strat body to use with my new Radian neck.
If anyone out there has a nice, surplus Strat body, please let me know. Does not need to look perfect...

Saw a shell pink body on TM yesterday, and have wondered about a sweet shell pink/maple fretboard combo.

That would be Danny's I imagine. Was considering it if I sold some pedals. But then I picked up MF's epi for my Christchurch visits, so will call it quits.

Shell pink or sonic blue with rosewood has always been my two favourite strat colours.
Finally got notification from Andertons that my pre-ordered Two Notes Captor has been dropped off at UPS. First batch 3 weeks ago, they picked up a grounding issue and had to wait for new stock.

Must shout out to Andertons - on ordering they sent out a note - warranty only valid if returned to UK etc - be careful. And as such, all international orders will be tested before being shipped. Which must have picked up the grounding issue. Well done!
HackSaw wrote:
Thewilltopowerrock wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
That finish does not look like it was applied with a brush to me...

I'm still wondering what kind of Strat body to use with my new Radian neck.
If anyone out there has a nice, surplus Strat body, please let me know. Does not need to look perfect...

Saw a shell pink body on TM yesterday, and have wondered about a sweet shell pink/maple fretboard combo.

That would be Danny's I imagine. Was considering it if I sold some pedals. But then I picked up MF's epi for my Christchurch visits, so will call it quits.

Shell pink or sonic blue with rosewood has always been my two favourite strat colours.

I agree, I think pink would would work with a rosewood board. Sonic Blue with rosewood happens to be my favourite Strat combo as well. I could go for surf green too, if it looked nice and ratty.
Hmm!
Maybe I need to get a matching cab for my Vibro King - wonder if my ears could stand it.
Five fingered clutch basket for the Harley. Currently, it grabs when I want it to slip and slips when I need it to grab. Fun times at the lights! Who said old Harley's can't wheel stand?
codedog wrote:
jeremyb wrote:A new cellphone, gone with a cheap chinese grunter, $280 delivered... http://ulefone.com/products/t1/features.html hopefully it performs as well as it says...

Would love to hear how you get on... on the lookout for a new phone for the missus.

Definitely taking a punt, seems to be a lot of these cheap types of phone available now, don't really see the point in spending more than about $250 on a disposable item like a phone, so if I can get one that performs almost as well as a $1000+ phone them I'm gonna be pretty happy!