Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

StrummersOfThunder wrote:I'm on a train, northbound from Sydney. I traveled to central station for a shady meeting with a gentleman with a jazzmaster shaped case and a lot more of my money than he had this time yesterday.
Seriously good NGD post pending ... watch your faces , she's offset, shiney, rare and ready to surf.

HNGD. Any potential issues getting the rosewood home?
StrummersOfThunder wrote:jazzmaster shaped case

she's offset

Not so much in the mail but on my desk....
a 5 hole single ply tele pickguard. Eat your heart out molly.
5 tele switch knob things, as cheaper in bulk
pro series wiring stuff
fender back plate
2 sets of tele pickup routing templates. Clearly I didn't check my order properly. Happy to sell a set on for us cost if anyone wants, else I'll hang on for just in case purposes
stewmac template routing bit thing with two bearings. yeah, template stuff!
strat piezo pickup thingy :) this will make me happy as I can't stand playing acoustic and I have a fishman preamp that could go in a box :)
happy 37th birthday to me
Bg wrote:Unless it's slide, can't abide the things.

:lol: You said the same about tele's, now look how many you have made!
H671 wrote:
Bg wrote:Unless it's slide, can't abide the things.

:lol: You said the same about tele's, now look how many you have made!

hmmmmm, I don't recall saying anything of the sort...

;)
Bg wrote:strat piezo pickup thingy :) this will make me happy as I can't stand playing acoustic and I have a fishman preamp that could go in a box :)

Intrigued by this. Been thinking about putting a piezo in my Suhr Strat. How difficult is this process??? What are the best components for the saddles and pre-amp bits? (I would want the pre-amp onboard)
I'll let you know when I've done it ;) . This is basically a drop in replacement for the existing strat saddles with a thin coax coming from them. Comes with a stereo output jack socket, so you could run it in parallel with your normal pickups. I may just add in another socket on the edge, haven't really thought about it properly yet.
Bg wrote:2 sets of tele pickup routing templates. Clearly I didn't check my order properly. Happy to sell a set on for us cost if anyone wants, else I'll hang on for just in case purposes

Actually going to hang onto them as it will be handy to have double thickness template, to start the route.