Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by HackSaw »

Right you've bought all the pedals you need. Bam. Buy no more. Done. And then this comes up... Ah well...

Also a Mr Black Double chorus, Mr Black Shepard's end, MXR M290 phaser, Keeley Red Dirt, Pigtronix Mothership 2. I think that's it...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2487 times

Post by Slowy »

HackSaw wrote:Right you've bought all the pedals you need. Bam. Buy no more. Done. And then this comes up... Ah well...

Also a Mr Black Double chorus, Mr Black Shepard's end, MXR M290 phaser, Keeley Red Dirt, Pigtronix Mothership 2. I think that's it...
Bloody Hell! You'd need a lot more drugs than I've done in the past 20 years to make sense of that; it's nuts!!!!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote:
StratMatt wrote:So my LR Baggs DI has apparently departed Auckland International and is in transit to me according to USPS tracking on the 20th. NZ Post say it hasn't entered their system yet - it's still in Chicago according to them, and Customs don't want to know about it. Who the hell do I call here??
old skool...

So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Bg wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
StratMatt wrote:So my LR Baggs DI has apparently departed Auckland International and is in transit to me according to USPS tracking on the 20th. NZ Post say it hasn't entered their system yet - it's still in Chicago according to them, and Customs don't want to know about it. Who the hell do I call here??
Original leave it as it was
shit ruined pap shouldneverhavehappend

:mental:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7733 times
Been liked: 4179 times

Post by jeremyb »

Yeah, I'm all for strong female role models, but the story was just terrible....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

I ain't afraid of no all female cast reboots....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

Still in pursuit of that SRV-like tone. Read that Dan Patlansky (who has a great tone) uses a Dr Z EZG 50 (Dr Z's take on a Blackface reverb) so I've bought one with matching 4x10 cab (cab might be nice with the Sky King actually).

Wasn't going to buy any more gear but the Firebird just sold so WTF.

Looks like this:

Last edited by Molly on Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Molly wrote:Still in pursuit of that SRV-like tone. Read that Dan Patlansky (who has a great tone) uses a Dr Z EZG 50 (Dr Z's take on a Blackface reverb) so I've bought one with matching 4x10 cab (cab might be nice with the Sky King actually).
I know where you got that from... very nice amp. :thumbup:
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Conway wrote:
Molly wrote:Still in pursuit of that SRV-like tone. Read that Dan Patlansky (who has a great tone) uses a Dr Z EZG 50 (Dr Z's take on a Blackface reverb) so I've bought one with matching 4x10 cab (cab might be nice with the Sky King actually).
I know where you got that from... very nice amp. :thumbup:
Yep. Same guy that you got the 1x12 from. He's got my old Nocaster as it 'appens. Nice guy.

From memory the amp's been gigged and I recall some staining to the cab's cloth but it was a good price and what I was looking for.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

Molly wrote:Still in pursuit of that SRV-like tone.

Sincere question here, without any bad intent at all. (Disclaimer done haha)
I was just wondering if you've tried just replicating SRVs rig to achieve it? I'm guessing so as you seem to have some great gear :thumbup: but there's always the "it's how it's played with their fingers" argument too sometimes, so perhaps it's not that simple. Curious.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

yeah, you daft bugger, why did you buy a John Mayer Strat when you should've bought a proper SRV one! :moresarc: :wink:
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

SimonHirst wrote:
Molly wrote:Still in pursuit of that SRV-like tone.
Sincere question here, without any bad intent at all. (Disclaimer done haha)
I was just wondering if you've tried just replicating SRVs rig to achieve it? I'm guessing so as you seem to have some great gear :thumbup: but there's always the "it's how it's played with their fingers" argument too sometimes, so perhaps it's not that simple. Curious.
It's not been that focused a quest to be honest. I still gravitate back to Marshall-like tones but really love the tone you might associate with SRV (of which there are numerous variations of course).

Truthfully I couldn't tell a Blackface from a Super Reverb from a whatever. Really don't know Fender amps at all. I just hear tones I like and as often as not it's a Fender amp. I get that they're not all alike. My recent Bassman Ten didn't do anything for me. No big deal. Half the fun is researching gear, tracking it down and giving it a go.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Conway wrote:yeah, you daft bugger, why did you buy a John Mayer Strat when you should've bought a proper SRV one! :moresarc: :wink:
I still have 'the' Strat in my head but there isn't one that ticks all the boxes. Might have to get one made. The Mayer is the closest spec in the Artist range and that range is cheap enough second hand that you can make changes. Messing with a $7,000 Custom Shop Strat that really shouldn't need any messing with is harder to do.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

Molly wrote:Half the fun is researching gear, tracking it down and giving it a go.
Fair enough, and I completely agree!

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

SimonHirst wrote:
Molly wrote:Half the fun is researching gear, tracking it down and giving it a go.
Fair enough, and I completely agree!
Cheers.

And I only play at home too so don't pretend to justify any of it or to suggest any of this matters. It's just a hobby until I've the opportunity to make it something more.