Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB wrote:
GrantB wrote:Refund offered - postage and gst my problem. Ass hats.

Refund received. New body ordered from WD music. No chances being taken. Will need to do the finish myself...but that’s cool. Net I will have lost nothing but my time to paint the new one. Phew.

Looks from this that you might be able to get the GST back?

https://www.customs.govt.nz/business/im ... drawbacks/
All of the buttons are the whole point. I have a tiny handheld camera that shoots nearly as good video. But every time I need to change a setting I have to wade through a hundred options on a menu, I can't see the screen in sunlight, i can't plug in proper microphones, it doesn't have good handles, etc, etc. Also the little one overheats constantly. This sucker solves all that fiddly shit in one go.
bbrunskill wrote:All of the buttons are the whole point. I have a tiny handheld camera that shoots nearly as good video. But every time I need to change a setting I have to wade through a hundred options on a menu, I can't see the screen in sunlight, i can't plug in proper microphones, it doesn't have good handles, etc, etc. Also the little one overheats constantly. This sucker solves all that fiddly shit in one go.

Ah. I can see the sense in that. I sure a fuck can't be arsed to navigate menus.
Finally figured out how to set the clock on the car stereo today :cool:
Wrong thread but mostly on topic.
Molly wrote:Hoping my misdirected Martin lands today.

It did. Christ, that took a full week. Well, it sounds bloody nice but I've already exhausted my repertoire. Didn't think to buy strings so can't have my ritual clean / restring tonight. Action is a bit high.

In other news, I've just bought this on a bit of a whim. Interested to give it a go. All the cork-sniffery CS Strat stuff has been ultimately a bit underwhelming. Just thought I'd buy a decent model and a reasonable price and give it a shot.
Last edited by Molly on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Molly wrote:
Molly wrote:Hoping my misdirected Martin lands today.

It did. Christ, that took a full week. Well, it sounds bloody nice but I've already exhausted my repertoire. Didn't think to buy strings so can't have my ritual clean / restring tonight. Action is a bit high.

In other news, I've just bought this on a bit of a whim. Interested to give it a go. All the cork-sniffery CS Strat stuff has been ultimately a bit underwhelming. Just thought I'd buy a decent model and a reasonable price and give it a shot.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listin ... 1595967115

Had that on me watch list. Really liked the colour on that one.
StratMatt wrote:
Had that on me watch list. Really liked the colour on that one.

I recall they did an ash one called Sienna Burst or something like that. I always liked that one. Would typically have avoided this model because it wasn't 'vintage spec' but sod it. Never bothered Jeff Beck.