Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by Molly »

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 807 times
Been liked: 1294 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Molly wrote:Image
Single tape top and bottom so cant be heavy or valuable. Im picking a selection of frocks.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

StrummersOfThunder wrote:
Single tape top and bottom so cant be heavy or valuable. Im picking a selection of frocks.
Sorry. Wrong pic...

Mrs sent a message to say it'd arrived so not really in the post anymore.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Whole bunch of dot stuff. :mrgreen:
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Jellybelly
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Jellybelly »

Dang that was quick. No hassels with border patrol :thumbup:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Jellybelly wrote:Dang that was quick. No hassels with border patrol :thumbup:
Got pinged for GST but still cheaper and just as fast as the local guy. I did try to buy local but he replied to my question with a blunt message to say he only takes calls Thursday through Sunday "... as per out website." I'm not interested in trading with some Jim & Joe operation that only has a mobile number and only takes calls a couple of days per week so got this from Andertons. $40 credit off the next purchase too. :thumbup:

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

Molly wrote: I'm not interested in trading with some Jim & Joe operation that only has a mobile number and only takes calls a couple of days per week
I tend to buy from whoever makes it easiest for me to give them money. :D
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Single coil wrote:
Molly wrote: I'm not interested in trading with some Jim & Joe operation that only has a mobile number and only takes calls a couple of days per week
I tend to buy from whoever makes it easiest for me to give them money. :D
Same thing in this case. I'd expected to overnight it from the guy on the Monday but he wouldn't take a call until Thursday. Just as well in the end I suppose. Andertons FTW.

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

lol what a clown

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Single coil wrote:lol what a clown
Yeah. I didn't get it.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 807 times
Been liked: 1294 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Congrats and im sure its a beauty ... not having a dig but but its a shame you couldn't have passed that business on to a local retailer. We all complain that we can't source shit here but what are we actually doing to help the dudes taking it on the nose risk wise to bring this stuff in?
Im guilty of the same stuff, or at least have been but im trying hard to support local where possible.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

StrummersOfThunder wrote:Congrats and im sure its a beauty ... not having a dig but but its a shame you couldn't have passed that business on to a local retailer. We all complain that we can't source shit here but what are we actually doing to help the dudes taking it on the nose risk wise to bring this stuff in?
Im guilty of the same stuff, or at least have been but im trying hard to support local where possible.
it's a two way street man. it's quite hard (but not impossible) for local to compete on price. They HAVE to compete on service. Being open 4 days a week and refusing a call is not service. Want our support? Earn it the way RS Dave, Polar Bear, ex-RS Matt and many more have all done. I'll pay a bit more and support local because they have been fantastic, not just because.. they're local.

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

If the dude at the shop the other day was a cock I would’ve gone home and bought a case online lol.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

StrummersOfThunder wrote:Congrats and im sure its a beauty ... not having a dig but but its a shame you couldn't have passed that business on to a local retailer. We all complain that we can't source shit here but what are we actually doing to help the dudes taking it on the nose risk wise to bring this stuff in?
Have a look at the above posts. I did try to buy locally.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

I wish I could agree, but when the supplier is a dick what do you do? If you can't run a retail business then you shouldn't run a retail business. I have sourced from Anderton's a guitar that cost me half what Musicworks were asking for it. Order was placed this time last year on a Sunday night and it was delivered to my doorstep the next Friday. Admittedly I wasn't charged GST, but FFS, I have struggled to get things from Auckland to Christchurch in less than a week via Musicworks.

Yeah, if a retail business looks after me I will be loyal, if I can source stuff from the Rockshop I will give them my business. Dave and the Christchurch team always go out of their way to make everything as easy as possible, job done.

Some random with a ute and a cellphone looking to wheel and deal? Yeah, not so much, better be cheaper than importing, because a ute and a cellphone move on quick when things go South.

I don't believe that a New Zealand business somehow deserves support just because they're in New Zealand, better an amazing international dealer than a shithouse local one, by far.
Tin arse!!