Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Molly wrote:Long day ahead... Two guitars on the courier van and another that arrived late yesterday.

:-)

Do some work!
:lol:
vintage52 wrote:Looking like a long week for me.....Molly's vintage spec tele making it's way to Wellington but with a sojourn in Picton to take in the sites!

Mine have eventually caught the ferry after the cancellations. Hope you're twangin' by tea time. :thumbup:
Molly wrote:
vintage52 wrote:Looking like a long week for me.....Molly's vintage spec tele making it's way to Wellington but with a sojourn in Picton to take in the sites!

Mine have eventually caught the ferry after the cancellations. Hope you're twangin' by tea time. :thumbup:

Have been playing out this exact scenario. Nth Islanders are becoming impatient.
Riot Pedal arrived today. Was worried because it took a while. Nice box it comes in, but not in a hurry to test it. Been taking a week or two off playing. Cold weather puts me off as well. Makes the fretting hand shrivel up :)

A lot of pedals that I want right now. Wah> Fuzz> Phaser> Delay.

Thinking of trying some of those Mooer pedals because the ones I want are just for when i am occasionally on an early 70s classic rock buzz, so do not want to sink heaps to get the sound. Their phase 90 sounds pretty good on youtube at least, as does their delays. Good for the money at least. Free shipping thru Ali-express from China they range $60-70 NZD for the mini ones. Their mini Muff Triangle Buff pedal sounded very good on the Pyremax demo. Seems Mooer are standing out from the Joyo etc.

Aquila Rossa wrote:Seems Mooer are standing out from the Joyo etc.

The owners of Mooer and Joyo are wife and husband. Basically the same team working on products aiming at different price levels.
godgrinder wrote:

The owners of Mooer and Joyo are wife and husband. Basically the same team working on products aiming at different price levels.

And both are just making copies of popular pedals :mental:
jeremyb wrote:
godgrinder wrote:

And both are just making copies of popular pedals :mental:

I wonder if Mooer and Joyo are their pet names for each other. Sounds like a happy marriage.

Mooer are going beyond just cloning tho. That Ocean Machine for example.
Current list of gear I have in the mail. Grabbed pics from the net because I dont have the pics on hand.

Been waiting a couple decades for this one. No where near as in clean condition but... it suits my next purchase.

Bareknuckle Juggernauts for the Wolfie

Next up. Mint Condition Prestige S5470 SOL Straight trade for a guitar I was moving so I figured I'd give it a run and then maybe flick it on. Its in mint shape.

Epiphone Firebird Studio. Swapped this for a couple old pedals and a song. Been feeling that Firebird gas. Figured I'd start at the low end and see how it works out.

Last but not least. Bareknuckle Nailbomb. I'll probably put this in the firebird because because I'm nasty like that.
AiRdAd wrote:Congrats on the wolfie!!!! don't be too quick to ditch the wolfie pickups - they're pretty cool! :-)

Thanks man. I already have a set. Of mint condition original Wolfie pups so these extras will go in a rebuild job Im working on and I'll still have the mint set to fall back on. But yeah. Great pups.