Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Zaulkin
Pretty sure my current stable covers everything - I guess I'm done now... :)

Except I have enough mods planned it'll take another year or so to get them all done... And by then I'll want something.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
jeremyb wrote:Such a cool guitar Jim, going to bring way more joy than a Les Paul!!

There's a Tokai LS135Q that's on TM for $2k, that will probably do for now. Once I get my work bonus I could get that plus the BM guitar :)
BY Olderama
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Such a cool guitar Jim, going to bring way more joy than a Les Paul!!

There's a Tokai LS135Q that's on TM for $2k, that will probably do for now. Once I get my work bonus I could get that plus the BM guitar :)

Now ya talking :thumbup:
BY Terexgeek
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Gassing for a Brian May guitar... and seriously considering it.

I have one we could run through the AC30 if you win.

You're in Chch aren't you? Would love the chance to have a look over yours before I think about buying one if that's a possibility?

Have just been doing the maths now, I'm looking around $2k shipped with a hardcase then another $350ish for customs duty. Hmmmm 'tis tempting :think:

http://shop.brianmayguitars.co.uk/the-bmg-special.html

Or wait for one to show up on the metrade for less?
BY Jellybelly
Terexgeek wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:I have one we could run through the AC30 if you win.

You're in Chch aren't you? Would love the chance to have a look over yours before I think about buying one if that's a possibility?

Have just been doing the maths now, I'm looking around $2k shipped with a hardcase then another $350ish for customs duty. Hmmmm 'tis tempting :think:

Last one I had cost $800 off trademe and sold it for around struggled to get the same back.
Nothing to rave over and 2.5K would be a IMO a disappointing loss of coin.

LS135 is a far better spend. I have a LS132 and that is an absolute diamond. :thumbup:
BY jeremyb
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

Just remember how much you've lost on other guitars like that, if you want a Les Paul get one with Gibson on the headstock or expect to take a massive hit when you want to shift it!
BY Terexgeek
Jellybelly wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:You're in Chch aren't you? Would love the chance to have a look over yours before I think about buying one if that's a possibility?

Last one I had cost $800 off trademe and sold it for around struggled to get the same back.
Nothing to rave over and 2.5K would be a IMO a disappointing loss of coin.

LS135 is a far better spend. I have a LS132 and that is an absolute diamond. :thumbup:

I paid $600 for mine, ouch.
BY Molly
Feel like I want to consolidate my amps (I've loads of them) into maybe just the Victory RK head and a powered Kemper. Guitars too. One Strat will do.

That said, the gear-go-round just isn't an option here. Too isolated to sell locally and eBay feels shark-infested.
BY hamo
Molly wrote:Feel like I want to consolidate my amps (I've loads of them) into maybe just the Victory RK head and a powered Kemper. Guitars too. One Strat will do.

That said, the gear-go-round just isn't an option here. Too isolated to sell locally and eBay feels shark-infested.

The unexpected benefit of the small NZ market I guess.
BY matman
I'd never be able to get spousal approval with all of the expensive stuff we need to do to our house - but gee that music man silhouette on TM sure is purdy! :(
BY GrantB
matman wrote:I'd never be able to get spousal approval with all of the expensive stuff we need to do to our house - but gee that music man silhouette on TM sure is purdy! :(

Got a link? Couldnt find it....
BY matman
GrantB wrote:
matman wrote:I'd never be able to get spousal approval with all of the expensive stuff we need to do to our house - but gee that music man silhouette on TM sure is purdy! :(

Got a link? Couldnt find it....

https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instruments/instruments/guitar-bass/electric-guitars/auction-2214367027.htm
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
KNNZ wrote:In other news.. I'm gassing for a certain LSL Strat. Hence the sale of Gibsons

LSL?