Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY AiRdAd
There was one on trademe a few weeks ago
BY jeremyb
AiRdAd wrote:There was one on trademe a few weeks ago

I don't have any cash lol, one day perhaps!!
BY jimi
jeremyb wrote:Gas has returned, keen on a bass vi :)

I had crazy GAS for one of those, ‘05/06ish. Sweet FA chance to find one in NZ back then, were only the vintage ones, and a brief MIJ reissue to hunt for back then. Placebo / Cure fanboying I had ASH build one for me. No template to follow he used a blown up photo for a template.

Totally cool guitar, and a trip to play, but by the time it arrived I’d started getting into a bit of Motown and funk so was making an effort to be a proper bass player Instead of the shitest guitarist who played bass. Never really bonded with it, and fortunately found it another home, but took a bit of a bath on it.

Anyway TLDR, they’re cool as but try before you buy or something.

But I guess you can pick up squier reissues etc these days, not quite the same investment it was for me back then.
BY Kris
jeremyb wrote:Gas has returned, keen on a bass vi :)

i had the squier version,was pretty dece but the pickups were a bit odd at first.def some unique sounds within.My ironbird is technically a shortscale bass,you are welcome to borrow it and have your gas "cure-d" :rofl:
BY WellyBlues
This new Epiphone John Lee Hooker Zephyr looks and sounds great. GAS.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/epiphon ... hyr-guitar
BY hamo
GAS is dead for me right now. Haven't picked up a guitar in months and not trawling through TradeMe. Need to get the garage sorted so I can find my gear and get back into it. Modern life is a time killer.
BY Molly
hamo wrote:Modern life is a time killer.

Indeed. If you had a band though you'd need to schedule time for it. Could you not find one?
BY Slowy
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Slowy wrote:https://www.ehx.com/products/grand-canyon

Oooh, I think I want one!
Likely to be spendy though.

Flick Troy a PM, I think he had one although it may have been the earlier one without the looper.

I decided too late to buy the Canyon that just sold here. Then I discover they're bringing out a Grand Canyon.

What's a lad to do?
BY StratMatt
Really keen to get a few lunchbox amps. Dark Terror, Mini rec etc. Sound good at home and suits my 50w cab nicely.
BY Molly
StratMatt wrote:Really keen to get a few lunchbox amps. Dark Terror, Mini rec etc. Sound good at home and suits my 50w cab nicely.

Check-out Victory.
BY willow13
hamo wrote:GAS is dead for me right now. Haven't picked up a guitar in months and not trawling through TradeMe. Need to get the garage sorted so I can find my gear and get back into it. Modern life is a time killer.

Man I always just have a guitar sitting on a chair in the lounge so I think I play more now than ever...although its not "constructive" playing so I don't get "better" :rofl:
BY hamo
Molly wrote:
hamo wrote:Modern life is a time killer.

Indeed. If you had a band though you'd need to schedule time for it. Could you not find one?

I guess so, but I'll feeling pretty unmotivated and also very ill-equipped to join a band right now. I'm just too sloppy a player and too ill-disciplined to address that. It's a bit chicken and egg.
BY hamo
willow13 wrote:
hamo wrote:GAS is dead for me right now. Haven't picked up a guitar in months and not trawling through TradeMe. Need to get the garage sorted so I can find my gear and get back into it. Modern life is a time killer.

Man I always just have a guitar sitting on a chair in the lounge so I think I play more now than ever...although its not "constructive" playing so I don't get "better" :rofl:

There's no way I'd survive if I pulled out a guitar during Shortland Street. :D