Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY mrmofo
I gassed hard for a guitar on sale at the RS
tried it and thought it was much like the one that sits unloved in its case.
I used the unloved one the other night
and
loved it!
slight gas for that thing at the RS is still noticeable but controllable
BY mule
On the lookout for a Jazzmaster, MIJ/MIA, preferably with mastery bridge and in a funky colour. If I find something that fits the bill I'll fund it by selling my J Mascis JM.

Other than that, vaguely looking for a bog standard MIJ tele. Nothing has quite piqued my interest yet, despite there being a few popping up. I'll know it when I see it :)
BY Bg
mrmofo wrote:I gassed hard for a guitar on sale at the RS
tried it and thought it was much like the one that sits unloved in its case.
I used the unloved one the other night
and
loved it!
slight gas for that thing at the RS is still noticeable but controllable

Thats the way it goes sometimes eh... I gassed hard for a gary moore LP 14 years ago, tried it out and didn't like it. Neck was too fat. God I'd love one now ;)

Except the Vintage version was just as good and a lot less cash :D
BY Slowy
Bg wrote:
Thats the way it goes sometimes eh... I gassed hard for a gary moore LP 14 years ago, tried it out and didn't like it. Neck was too fat. God I'd love one now ;)

Recently read something in which Peter Green described the Greeny/Moore Les Paul as a "clumsy old fuddy duddy of a guitar". Apparently he never really liked it and never missed it.

That our Icons could be brought to this! :shock:
BY Bg
yep, its hardly surprising is it :)

it is a les paul after all....
BY willow13
Slowy wrote:
Bg wrote:

Recently read something in which Peter Green described the Greeny/Moore Les Paul as a "clumsy old fuddy duddy of a guitar". Apparently he never really liked it and never missed it.

he'd like it even less now with the tone Kirk gets out of it :rofl:
BY Molly
Slowy wrote:
Bg wrote:

That our Icons could be brought to this! :shock:

Shame that it ended up with that Kirk Hammet (sp?) guy. Gets my vote as the fourth best guitar player in his band.