Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY jeremyb
willow13 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:Who are you? And what have you done with jb? :-)

I've gone full circle... again... :lol:

surely just getting a Katana would be the full stop in the circle. Digital but feels "real" with built in effects :idea:

Nahhhh I have a perfectly good digital rig already, keen for some tubes in my life again :)
BY jeremyb
Mattallica wrote:
Nahhhh I have a perfectly good digital rig already, keen for some valves in my life again :)

Have you had a Laney IRT Studio yet?

I had been keen on them in the past, have played thru one at a jam, pretty cool amps, but after a combo again this time round :)
BY codedog
jeremyb wrote:
Mattallica wrote:
Nahhhh I have a perfectly good digital rig already, keen for some valves in my life again :)

Have you had a Laney IRT Studio yet?

I had been keen on them in the past, have played thru one at a jam, pretty cool amps, but after a combo again this time round :)

Every now and then I miss my IRT Studio, then I had to pick my amp up to use elsewhere... and remembered why I sold it. It's a right bummer because not long before that I built myself a 2x12 cab! I'm still keen to hook up a valve amp to it one day...
BY Mattallica

Fair 'nough, what size combo?

Every now and then I miss my IRT Studio, then I had to pick my amp up to use elsewhere... and remembered why I sold it. It's a right bummer because not long before that I built myself a 2x12 cab! I'm still keen to hook up a valve amp to it one day...

You sold it because you had to move it around??
BY codedog
Mattallica wrote:

You sold it because you had to move it around??

One of the factors. The logistics of lugging around a 2x12 cab and head was beyond me, plus I needed to plug in an acoustic too. The acoustic amp in the Katana may not be the shiznit but it's fine for me, and sounded better than the Laney.

Would have kept both if I could, but finances was prohibitive.
BY jeremyb
Mattallica wrote:

Kinda deliberating at the moment, used to have an AC15, but thinking now of a 4-5W one with a 8" - 12" speaker, spoilt for choice! :mental:
BY codedog
jeremyb wrote:
Mattallica wrote:

Kinda deliberating at the moment, used to have an AC15, but thinking now of a 4-5W one with a 8" - 12" speaker, spoilt for choice! :mental:

There was a Chinese copy of a Fender on TM recently... was relisted at least twice. A wee tweed one.
BY Mattallica

You sure are :lol: i wouldn't know where to start. Are you going for Fender clean/break up?

There was a Chinese copy of a Fender on TM recently... was relisted at least twice. A wee tweed one.

It's the same guy i bought the Fender Champ & Ibanez RG off. The amp is a Mannix Classic 5
BY Polar Bear
jeremyb wrote:
Mattallica wrote:

I think it's really worth checking out the Vox AC10, lightweight, great tone and not silly money. :)
BY hamo
jeremyb wrote:Fender Champ.

Champ's cheap as chips innit?
BY jeremyb
Polar Bear wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Mattallica wrote:

I think it's really worth checking out the Vox AC10, lightweight, great tone and not silly money. :)

Mmm it's of interest for sure, but I kinda wonder if the AC4C1-12 might be a better option?, it's just for bedroom use really :mental: