Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Dano_NZ
#737919
Guys you're right about the SJ-200's. I've never played one that's really blown me away. Maybe I should state that I'm gassing for an amazing one. And yes they're damn expensive. I normally walk away feeling happy that I can't afford one rather than, how could I afford one (e.g. sell a bunch of other guitars to get into that "dream" guitar).
User avatar
BY Aquila Rossa
#737924
My ex in USA swears by SJ-200s. She used to do folk and stuff. Picking and strumming. She busted the neck on her Dad's 1962 B-25.

I bought a Hummingbird Pro back and sold it. Very sweet sounding considering it was new. The guy tried it and could not help himself buying it. Gibson acoustics I have tried have always been more mellow than Martin to my ears.
BY Dano_NZ
#737990
Agree Aquila Rossa they are more mellow, less bright. Also J-45's (and 35's/50's) seem to be more responsive than their bigger brothers. The newer one's seem to be built lighter too.
User avatar
BY Aquila Rossa
#738053
Got money now that Jackson sold but do not know what to buy. GAS wafting around aimlessly.

BE-OD with the internal gain pots dialed back sounds amazing on demos. I am not using the standard amount of gain the pedal offers, but the fact that it can be tamed and still sound good is appealing, because it it is there should I get a gain craving.

Fire Effects Carpe Diem that features on That Pedal Show always sounds very good. Best Plexi sounding pedal I have heard demos of.

Wah, phaser and compressor are further down the list.

I need an interface, but also want delay and reverb pedals. I see an Eleven Rack on TM that was $1 reserve. If its reverbs and delays are good, it is also an interface that I can power my monitors with. Not keen if it requires that iLok bullsh!t tho.

Did a little fret work myself on the 245 with an emery board and it will be okay for a bit yet. Managed to get the action really nice so stainless frets can wait. Don't have the box wrench for the truss rod tho.

Amp work can wait too.
User avatar
BY Aquila Rossa
#738071
I quite like 2 stage phasers, or a very subtle 4 phase like a script phase 90. Any body tried the DOD 201?



So yeah, that means I probably prefer Univbe to phaser, because that is basically what 2 phase is.
Last edited by Aquila Rossa on Mon May 08, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BY dayl
#738072
Aquila Rossa wrote:
BE-OD with the internal gain pots dialed back sounds amazing on demos. I am not using the standard amount of gain the pedal offers, but the fact that it can be tamed and still sound good is appealing, because it it is there should I get a gain craving.



Gassing for one of these too but I cant afford one at present due to GAS burning holes in my wallet. Cheapest I've seen new so far is $310 on amazon.

I'm just too skint. :lol:
User avatar
BY Aquila Rossa
#738074
dayl wrote:
Aquila Rossa wrote:
BE-OD with the internal gain pots dialed back sounds amazing on demos. I am not using the standard amount of gain the pedal offers, but the fact that it can be tamed and still sound good is appealing, because it it is there should I get a gain craving.



Gassing for one of these too but I cant afford one at present due to GAS burning holes in my wallet. Cheapest I've seen new so far is $310 on amazon.

I'm just too skint. :lol:


Reverb has them cheaper. Local Tone Lounge price is not bad when accounting for shipping and gst.

Gotta stop listening to pedal demos. I just had my cart full to the brim at PGS. Changed my mind because worried about gst, as well as preferring to buy used. I really like the sound of the Keeley Abbey Reverb, but just about every demo i hear makes me want to buy. Sabbra Cadabra too. I like the idea of having pedals that can sound like amps the Laney can't.

User avatar
BY StratMatt
#738076
I'm gassing for a nice flanger pedal, but really I'm probably just a bit bored and miss the feeling of the courier turning up! Have gigs coming up and plenty of practises happening so that's keeping the real gas at bay.

Still, my fancy Bareknuckle RY's are at the local depot. Really looking forward to that particular courier.
User avatar
BY dayl
#738106
Aquila Rossa wrote:
Reverb has them cheaper. Local Tone Lounge price is not bad when accounting for shipping and gst.


$310 incl shipping is what I was looking at. That better than what I could find locally and on Reverb. I hate to say it... but this solo dad needs to save $50 where he can.
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#738296
Fender Champ.
User avatar
BY AiRdAd
#738342
Who are you? And what have you done with jb? :-)
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#738350
AiRdAd wrote:Who are you? And what have you done with jb? :-)


I've gone full circle... again... :lol:
User avatar
BY willow13
#738352
jeremyb wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:Who are you? And what have you done with jb? :-)


I've gone full circle... again... :lol:


surely just getting a Katana would be the full stop in the circle. Digital but feels "real" with built in effects :idea:
  • 1
  • 255
  • 256
  • 257
  • 258
  • 259
  • 279