Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY willow13
hamo wrote:
willow13 wrote:
hamo wrote:GAS is dead for me right now. Haven't picked up a guitar in months and not trawling through TradeMe. Need to get the garage sorted so I can find my gear and get back into it. Modern life is a time killer.

Man I always just have a guitar sitting on a chair in the lounge so I think I play more now than ever...although its not "constructive" playing so I don't get "better" :rofl:

There's no way I'd survive if I pulled out a guitar during Shortland Street. :D

honestly you shouldn't "survive" allowing that shit to be on :rofl:
BY jeremyb
hamo wrote:
Molly wrote:
hamo wrote:Modern life is a time killer.

Indeed. If you had a band though you'd need to schedule time for it. Could you not find one?

I guess so, but I'll feeling pretty unmotivated and also very ill-equipped to join a band right now. I'm just too sloppy a player and too ill-disciplined to address that. It's a bit chicken and egg.

Meh don't let that stop you, if you have a purpose you will improve :)
BY godgrinder
Green Bastard wrote:Just saw ceriatone have a Friedman clone,
http://www.ceriatone.com/hot-rodded-plexi-ah-100/

Could be keen if the exchange rate gets a bit better.

It's been out for a while. Not exactly cheap at US$1600 though, older BE100 (2 input jack ones) are about US$2K used nowadays.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Wouldn’t mind a decent vibe pedal, anybody tried the MXR Uni Vibe? Im currently hovering over the ‘Checkout Now’ button on Amazon.
BY KNNZ
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Wouldn’t mind a decent vibe pedal, anybody tried the MXR Uni Vibe? Im currently hovering over the ‘Checkout Now’ button on Amazon.

sorry off topic but on a similar note, how much is shipping for pedals from Amazon? any other taxes you have to pay?
BY Michael
KNNZ wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Wouldn’t mind a decent vibe pedal, anybody tried the MXR Uni Vibe? Im currently hovering over the ‘Checkout Now’ button on Amazon.

sorry off topic but on a similar note, how much is shipping for pedals from Amazon? any other taxes you have to pay?

Amazon actually list any import fees/taxes for you. Does mean you can't try and sneak something through with them, though.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
KNNZ wrote:

No taxes are showing at checkout, shipping for this pedal is $9. Not bad :-)