Need enclosure/box for amp footswitch rebuild/rehousing...

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Need enclosure/box for amp footswitch rebuild/rehousing...

Post by robnobcorncob »

Can anyone help? I've got two 5150 footswitches that I'm rehousing (yes, the notoriously crap 5150 footswitch, i'm so sick of it crapping out) I'm going to make it a two button like the original and use the same LED colours however instead of an attached cable I'll be using a stereo instrument cable and stereo 1/4" switchcraft jack so the cable can be disconnected when needed.

So that's that, anyone got any enclosures? Dick Smith have generic aluminium things but I'd much rather use a Hammond box but I can't seem to find them anywhere but Jaycar which is not at all local. Any help/Info is much appreciated, thanks guys.

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Re: Need enclosure/box for amp footswitch rebuild/rehousing...

Post by rocklander »

I've been buying from these guys.. not exactly local either, but great to deal with.
http://www.effectsconnection.com/oscomm ... 38ce6f0aa5
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Need enclosure/box for amp footswitch rebuild/rehousing...

Post by Some Bozo »

robnobcorncob wrote:Can anyone help? I've got two 5150 footswitches that I'm rehousing (yes, the notoriously crap 5150 footswitch, i'm so sick of it crapping out) I'm going to make it a two button like the original and use the same LED colours however instead of an attached cable I'll be using a stereo instrument cable and stereo 1/4" switchcraft jack so the cable can be disconnected when needed.

So that's that, anyone got any enclosures? Dick Smith have generic aluminium things but I'd much rather use a Hammond box but I can't seem to find them anywhere but Jaycar which is not at all local. Any help/Info is much appreciated, thanks guys.
http://www.hiq.co.nz/
These folk are Hammond distributors and will do mail order, I got my Hammond output transformer from them. They may not have obscure items in stock but can bring them in with their next combined shipment from Hammond. Drop them an email, I found them very good to deal with.
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."