There's booteeek, then there's this...

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

There's booteeek, then there's this...

Post by codedog »

Around the 15:30 mark, $$$ amounts were mentioned. W... T... F...

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Re: There's booteeek, then there's this...

Post by rickenbackerkid »

The thing that I noticed in a couple of minutes of that, is that it sounds like a good fender amp with a parametric boost to give the mid range some honk. Nice, but not thousands and thousands of dollars worth

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

rickenbackerkid wrote:The thing that I noticed in a couple of minutes of that, is that it sounds like a good fender amp with a parametric boost to give the mid range some honk. Nice, but not thousands and thousands of dollars worth
That's pretty much what they said too. That Two Rock Signature is 30K Pounds apparently!

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

codedog wrote:
rickenbackerkid wrote:The thing that I noticed in a couple of minutes of that, is that it sounds like a good fender amp with a parametric boost to give the mid range some honk. Nice, but not thousands and thousands of dollars worth
That's pretty much what they said too. That Two Rock Signature is 30K Pounds apparently!
Fux aches, far canal!
Tin arse!!

goldtop0
Squier
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by goldtop0 »

You can mumble Dumble all day long..........no need to spend the dollars is there.........scary stuff.
Doin' that scrapyard thing.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

goldtop0 wrote:You can mumble Dumble all day long..........no need to spend the dollars is there.........scary stuff.
The comment about needing the skills to get the goods from it makes some sense.
My Lowden demonstrates this principle; more than any other guitar I have, the difference in its sound between an average and good player is very obvious.
But for Dumbleness, I'll stick with my (admittedly no longer cheap) Hermida Zendrive.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

dylan
Gibson
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by dylan »

If i was to try and approximate this tone with say a Deluxe model, would i put the parametric before the preamp or after the poweramp, and what kind of frequency / boost / q should i try?
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

dylan wrote:
If i was to try and approximate this tone with say a Deluxe model, would i put the parametric before the preamp or after the poweramp, and what kind of frequency / boost / q should i try?
I would probably go before the power amp, to keep the preamp clean, and I'd try 600-800hz as a starting point. Q would be about halfway between very wide (like a channel EQ) and very narrow (like a wah)

And if you have a modeling thing, try a Twin Reverb model - i think that would give you the headroom

dylan
Gibson
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by dylan »

Thanks rickenbackerkid, those are pretty much the settings i found by ear. A different vibe than the Cornford model i normally use for everything. Will try swapping to a Twin model to see how that changes things...
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

If you can afford it, why not? Its all in proportion, the guys who can buy these - can afford too. They may still touch cloth at the end of the month, who knows....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Dunno whether it was in this or a follow on where they said John Mayer was just like the rest of us, its just he got to a point where he selected from 'high to low' on ebay instead of 'low to high'
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Bg wrote:Dunno whether it was in this or a follow on where they said John Mayer was just like the rest of us, its just he got to a point where he selected from 'high to low' on ebay instead of 'low to high'
That's how I have my trademe favourites saved. You need to filter out the vast amount of dross.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Conway wrote:
Bg wrote:Dunno whether it was in this or a follow on where they said John Mayer was just like the rest of us, its just he got to a point where he selected from 'high to low' on ebay instead of 'low to high'
That's how I have my trademe favourites saved. You need to filter out the vast amount of dross.
Thats how we roll in remmers!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Conway wrote:
I'm conflicted by this. I go high to low too but I endlessly worry about missing out on bargains.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.