Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Gretsch Kiwi
Looking for help to repair my Class 5 which the T,M,B Eq section just doesn't do anything

And also my Ac30CCH which was used by some A-Hole in a hard core metal band without my knowledge and it "just stopped working and had smoke coming out of it"... while waiting for our next practice at the band leaders studio we are permananetly setup in. The drummer took his metal band there for a practice session. Yes im still bitter :evil:

I suspect it is the transformer as it appears to get no power after checking both fuses.

Suggestions for a knowledgable North Shore or semi central based amp repair person?

I used to use and like Ryan but believe he has moved on....
BY Slowy
Zaulkin wrote:Clarry from 34 Audio is a legend, never been to him myself though.

Clarry's probably not the man for a Class 5. Older the better for him.
BY mugamee
Slowy wrote:
Zaulkin wrote:Clarry from 34 Audio is a legend, never been to him myself though.

Clarry's probably not the man for a Class 5. Older the better for him.

Yeah...a happy Clarry customer here....re: class 5, id suggest to email/ call him to ask nonetheless.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
No idea, but welcome to the forum :-)
BY The Scarecrow
Gretsch Kiwi wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:No idea, but welcome to the forum :-)

Cheers :)

Thanks for the replies guys. Was hoping for a bit closer but all good. :thumbup:

There was a guy whom I went to in Bayview/Glenfield some years ago, Keith Prictor / KP Electronics, who serviced my old Rivera. Great chap to deal with but I see he passed away a couple of years ago after a quick google. :thumbdown:
BY Capt. Black
The Scarecrow wrote:
...he passed away a couple of years ago after a quick google. :thumbdown:

Euphemism...?

IB:JB

Clarry is in Titirangi which is pretty much North Shore West. :)
Call him. His english is fluent.
BY godgrinder
This guy is in Te Atatu and has no issue fixing more modern stuff:
https://www.facebook.com/ITElectronicsRepair
BY Capt. Black
godgrinder wrote:This guy is in Te Atatu and has no issue fixing more modern stuff:
https://www.facebook.com/ITElectronicsRepair

Ooh, nice find GG. Good to know who's out there.
BY The Scarecrow
Gretsch Kiwi wrote:Yes prior to Ryan, he was the guy I used. He was a really nice guy and I was really sad to hear of his passing.

Thank you anyway :)

No worries. Keith actually lived about 2km from me which was super convenient and was really good to deal with, he was fond of my Rivera because of the build quality and had a superbly quick turnaround time. He also fixed my bandmates Laney AOR100 (great JCM800 clones) and was always happy to have a yarn about gear. Just a great bloke, sad to hear he's no longer with us.