Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY goldtop0
That's what I thought too..........thanks.
Guys in the US talk about their old and new pickups and degaussing/re-magnetising them etc, those magnets are a lot lot smaller in size of course and I've had a few of them over the years, old T-Tops and PAFs from the '50s and '60s with no apparent lessening of performance that I can ascertain.
Got an old '54 Celestion 74 1772 that I've mentioned above and it's a brilliant speaker for a 65 year old.
BY AiRdAd
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYe6pIglDo0&t=350s&fbclid=IwAR3NlANghK6RXL23njuPRM93AcVksshn2sHLoPPAhJxW9SnxQqhYXR3hUfc[/youtube]
BY Bg
AiRdAd wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYe6pIglDo0&t=350s&fbclid=IwAR3NlANghK6RXL23njuPRM93AcVksshn2sHLoPPAhJxW9SnxQqhYXR3hUfc[/youtube]

I tried to fix that for you, but it really doesn't exist lol I'm usually the fixit fairy!
BY rickenbackerkid
Celestion (and many other companies) have been making a full range, coaxial dual driver for decades. This one is just marketed for guitar use. I suspect the performance will be pretty poor unless it's in a cabinet designed for FRFR use.
BY Molly
kwhelan wrote:

Interesting. And this guy's also amplifying his Kemper with a Fryette Power Station. I think it would be worth my trying a pair of these speakers even though I've CL80s on the way. Would mean I could leave the Kemper's Pure Cabinet feature on.

:-)
BY Dharmajester
Bought a pair of Heritage 55 hz cone G12H 30's from Hotrox in the uk on Weds. Arrived in Aucks on Sunday. Pretty sharp but I'm guessing they'll take a couple of weeks to sort customs and make it down here.
BY Molly
kwhelan wrote:

Ordered two. Think it'll better suit the Kemper than the CL80s I have on the way. The idea behind the CL80s was that Michael Britt often uses them when making profiles. However, the more I use the Kemper the more I like the rigs with the speaker portion of the profile present. There's also a couple of features of the Kemper I can take advantage by using FRFR speakers. The 'Kemper Cone' feature will simulate one of sixteen popular speakers (including off-axis tone changes) and there's also the 'Pure Cabinet' feature which takes harshness of high-gain tones.

Can you tell I've been nerding-out with the manual?
BY Dharmajester
Nowt wrong with having a pair of Cl80's on the shelf for a rainy day. Had a pair of Mesa C90's with 444 bass cones at one point, which are not a million miles away. Biggest clean tone ever.
BY Mattress5
Got around to putting the GA-SC64 into my Deluxe Reverb yesterday. Obviously there's a lot of hype surrounding this speaker, especially when put in a DR. I must say I was pretty impressed. Haven't had a chance to crank it up too much yet, but the cleans are certainly improved. It has definitely tamed a bit of that shrill high end. As someone who loves playing a bit of country the highs are now much more usable and musical. I haven't noticed much of a difference in the lows, maybe a bit tighter. I guess the speaker's only got a couple of hours or so playing time on it so far and things will change as it wears in. So far, so good.
BY GrantB
This reminds me, I do have:

Jensen Blackbird 8ohm
Celestion Blue 16ohm
Celestion AlNiCo Cream 8ohm
Eminence Red Fang 16ohm
Celestion Gold 10" 8ohm

For consideration if any one is buying...
BY willow13
GrantB wrote:This reminds me, I do have:

Jensen Blackbird 8ohm
Celestion Blue 16ohm
Eminence Red Fang 16ohm
Celestion Gold 10" 8ohm

out of possible interest in the Red Fang I googled it and this link came up to a discussion about how expensive eminence speakers were .... now if that $650 comment is right they seem bloody cheap now days :rofl:

viewtopic.php?t=12465
BY GrantB
Which also reminds me that we haven't had a gearfest in Hamilton for a number of years
BY Dharmajester
GrantB wrote:This reminds me, I do have:

Jensen Blackbird 8ohm
Celestion Blue 16ohm
Eminence Red Fang 16ohm
Celestion Gold 10" 8ohm

Falling off the Alnico wagon perchance ?