Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY GrantB

80 gigs later I am still loving this thing...I swear it sounds better every time I play it. Factory loaded Celestion Gold.I recall reading these have a Supro-ish front end and a hot Fender power section and with the Celestion, some Vox tipped in for good measure.

I have three amps that cover every thing for me, but this is the one that I couldn't part with unless my Awesome Random Samick Experience was truly dragging on the ground.

Photo from a gig last night - that Sennheiser e906 is absolutely a winner. Cheers for that one Tod!
BY sizzlingbadger
After seeing the shitty build inside the London Pro (double sided tape holding in relays), and its poor power scaling design (Which I managed a partial fix) I was put off owning any more of their amps. Maybe it was just that one though :cry:

My Friedman DS Mini is definitely up there as one of the best amps I have ever owned.
BY GrantB
sizzlingbadger wrote:After seeing the shitty build inside the London Pro (double sided tape holding in relays), and its poor power scaling design (Which I managed a partial fix) I was put off owning any more of their amps. Maybe it was just that one though :cry.

:shock: :crybaby:

I’ve seen inside this one...it’s very precise. Not as good as my old Matchless, or the /13, but very good....
BY Bg
Now this one is actually mine - cheeky fender badge to fill the gap till I can get a nameplate made up.

Scratchbuilt Tweed Vibrolux - a Harvard with bias tremolo. Shares a lot of circuitry with the Deluxe but really needs a push in the front end to get it singing.

Can't sell it, sounds too good and now it looks the part too ;)
BY jeremyb
Boss Katana 50W, the boutique toob guys are still playing catch up!
BY Dharmajester
I've had a couple. Unfortunately as with much in life you don't quite realise you've had the best until it's been off down the road awhile. Specifically a Samson era Matchless Hc30 and a non mv metal panel 100watt Marshall head.
BY H671
I've owned my Ashton buskers amp since 2003 & it's one of the few battery amps that will put out the full rated output. This will never get sold - I use it in my motorhome & small church group events outside.

My SWR California Blonde is also totally indispensable especially for solo performances where I use a small stage mixer with it. I use this for both Bass & Guitars.
BY Single coil
Pretty happy with the bandit. Won’t achieve anything by selling it and it ticks all the boxes.
BY willow13
There's one guy who won't post in this thread :moresarc:
BY GrantB
Bg wrote:Now this one is actually mine - cheeky fender badge to fill the gap till I can get a nameplate made up.

Scratchbuilt Tweed Vibrolux - a Harvard with bias tremolo. Shares a lot of circuitry with the Deluxe but really needs a push in the front end to get it singing.

Can't sell it, sounds too good and now it looks the part too ;)

This amp does sound great - is more Fender than Fender.
BY MrDINO
The Bogner Mojado I bought off Tim has held my attention really well which is saying something. I do miss the Extacy but way too much for me. Regretted not buying an old JMP which came my way.
BY TmcB
I’m just here to see how the other half lives
BY Mike Clayton
All of my previously owned valve amps were forever amps, especially after the mods, the speaker swaps yada yada yada. My two currents are forever - my hand-wired Blackface Princeton Reverb and my Trinity 5E3 Tweed Deluxe (with new tweed cab by BG) - they both owe me too much to afford selling! And they sound pretty good too. Maybe I should practice actual guitar? :)