Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY The Oracle
#803124
Hi all,

Aside from making your own, does anyone know if you can/where you can buy dummy plugs/jacks to put into an amp's input (am setting up a rig where the amp is to be used for the power stage only and to bypass the automatic muting on the amp, something has to be plugged in the input)
The solution has to look pretty tidy so any sort of pro product would be ideal!
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#803127
Why not get a low profile pedalboard plug like a lava or similar? would look really nice :)
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#803138
The Oracle wrote:Do they sell the jack ends without a cabling kit?


You used to be able to buy them individually from the amp shop but I think for various reasons everyone is avoiding him now :(

What about something like this: https://www.rockshop.co.nz/shop/boss-bc ... cable.html or are you just after 1 or 2?
User avatar
BY Mattallica
#803160
Matt at Tonelounge will probably have some odd ends from the lava kits. He's helped me out before
User avatar
BY sirvill
#803190
Actually... I have a lava cable plug in which I snapped off a small wire end inside, rendering it useless - I'll mail it to ya if you want it!
User avatar
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
#803194
jeremyb wrote:Why not get a low profile pedalboard plug like a lava or similar? would look really nice :)

Can't believe you missed the innuendo on this thread title :shock:
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#803195
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Why not get a low profile pedalboard plug like a lava or similar? would look really nice :)

Can't believe you missed the innuendo on this thread title :shock:


in-your-endo!
User avatar
BY The Oracle
#803225
Jake wrote:Could pop down to Jaycar and get an adaptor for $2.50? Wouldn't look too bad as long as nobody tries to plug their aux cable into it :P
https://www.jaycar.co.nz/3-5mm-mono-soc ... r/p/PA3588


I wondered about those.... they wouldn't pick up anything being basically a smaller input jack would they?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Why not get a low profile pedalboard plug like a lava or similar? would look really nice :)

Can't believe you missed the innuendo on this thread title :shock:


...I knew someone would take this down that road :lol:
User avatar
BY Jake
#803321
The Oracle wrote:
Jake wrote:Could pop down to Jaycar and get an adaptor for $2.50? Wouldn't look too bad as long as nobody tries to plug their aux cable into it :P
https://www.jaycar.co.nz/3-5mm-mono-soc ... r/p/PA3588


I wondered about those.... they wouldn't pick up anything being basically a smaller input jack would they?



I wouldn't think so, can't imagine you'd get any issues!