NAD Two Rock Bloomfield Drive

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Voxshall
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

NAD Two Rock Bloomfield Drive

Post by Voxshall »

Got a little 40 watt combo that you can switch down to 20 watts which curiously results in zero volume loss :crazy:
Anyway the clean channel has insane sustain and the drive channel is full of rich harmonic goodness. I can get marshall like sounds with bright switch up, dumble tone with mid switch up, vox tones with mid and bright switch up and Fender with all the switches down. Only played it for 10 hours, can't wait for the speaker to break in a little more it's sounding better and better each day. Any Two Rock fans here?

Mini Forklift

Re: NAD Two Rock Bloomfield Drive

Post by Mini Forklift »

Very nice! I was looking at this a while back but ended up going for the Ceriatone, yup I’m a sucker for that Dumble thing too.

Certainly a beautiful looking & sounding amp, congrats!

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

Nice one did you get the ODS or SSS model and how do you like it? What are the Transformers Ceriatone use?

bluesierra
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by bluesierra »

That it is a lot of amp. Congrats. Really keen to hear more of your thoughts as you get more time on it.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Voxshall wrote:Nice one did you get the ODS or SSS model and how do you like it? What are the Transformers Ceriatone use?
I got the SSS...

I’d have to get back to you with regards to the transformers, haven’t a clue.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
I’d have to get back to you with regards to the transformers, haven’t a clue.
I think they're robots eating pies (if I hear the song correctly).

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Two Rock looks very nice. I really liked the Studio Pro 35 when I had it (it's been around a few people here).
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Isn’t it just, looks stunning. What’s the story behind the name of it, I can’t remember? I initially thought it may have had taken some inspiration from Mike Bloomfield but I don’t think that’s the case.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

I liked my Studio 22. You could get a nice drive out of it by using the effects return level.

I spoke to Malcolm at Guitars Rock about bringing in a Classic Reverb. I think it was over $8,000... Even on my most impulsive / irrational days I'd struggle to justify that.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Molly wrote:I spoke to Malcolm at Guitars Rock about bringing in a Classic Reverb. I think it was over $8,000... Even on my most impulsive / irrational days I'd struggle to justify that.
Watching the "in the mail" thread with interest...
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Molly wrote:I spoke to Malcolm at Guitars Rock about bringing in a Classic Reverb. I think it was over $8,000... Even on my most impulsive / irrational days I'd struggle to justify that.
I’m sure there are exceptions to the rule, anyway Christmas is coming up...

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

The name comes from a road located in the area a lot of the Two Rock guys live, Burnside is the same. When Bill the Two Rock designer left the company after the PBG buyout, he went off on his own designing Mulholland Drive, Oakland Special, and Bloomfield drive, then when the current owners brought Two Rock off PBG they brought Bill back into the fold, and after finishing the amp they tweaked the Bloomfield drive for another 18 months or so. I really like the mix Two Rock has going on at the moment, giving the designer enough flexibility to be creative and push the envelope and use select NOS parts but also big enough to get custom components made for them, I also like how there Dumble sounding amps work great with single coils and humbuckers a lot of dumbles are suited to humbuckers but not so much single coils, not all of them but lots of them. The amps are really expensive compared to other amps but my trick is to look at the cost to happiness ratio, and compare it to a car or something ha ha. I love hifi, in particular Shindo Lab amplifiers and they cost over $40,000 for preamp/amp for a midrange model, so I highly recommend using comparisons like that to convince yourself to make stupid purchasing decisions.

More impressions - The sound is really immediate, like the sound comes out of the amplifier much faster than I am expecting, (don't know or care if this is really happening) but this is how I experience it, I've never experienced this with another amp before. I also like how the bass stays tight like a marshall, compared to my Super Reverb where I had to really turn the bass down. The clean sounds like it has a studio grade compressor on it, only it's not compressing the signal, it feels easier to play fast like you are playing clean but it feels like you are playing with lots of overdrive going.

Last edited by Voxshall on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Sounded like a piano at the start!

Voxshall
Gibson

Post by Voxshall »

True. To be honest I'm not talented enough or technically minded enough to convey what the amp sounds like on a sound clip, but tried to show how the clean can feel slippery rather than stunted, if you know what i mean.

Here is a better demo of the little bloomfield drive in action.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoPDC3lnNgu ... 5mdxh421fw

I am also amazed at how fat and full my underwound strat bridge pickup sounds through it.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Voxshall wrote:True. To be honest I'm not talented enough or technically minded enough to convey what the amp sounds like on a sound clip, but tried to show how the clean can feel slippery rather than stunted, if you know what i mean.

Here is a better demo of the little bloomfield drive in action.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoPDC3lnNgu ... 5mdxh421fw

I am also amazed at how fat and full my underwound strat bridge pickup sounds through it.
Totally, sounded lovely!