Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Capt. Black
jeremyb wrote:
bender wrote:For some reason I thought the V30s were out of favour? Jensen might be a bridge too far for them, but someone needs to take it on!

They kind of are out of favour but if you pair one with a G12H30 they sound awesome (IMHO) :thumbup:

What I reckon sounds awesomer is pairing a G12H30 with another G12H30 and then pairing that pair with another pair of G12H30s.
BY rickenbackerkid
bender wrote:For some reason I thought the V30s were out of favour? Jensen might be a bridge too far for them, but someone needs to take it on!

I just put the 10 inch version (think it's called a G10 Vintage) into my Pro Junior. Wicked speaker for getting a big and versatile sound out of a little 10inch cab!
BY bender
Capt. Black wrote:
jeremyb wrote:

They kind of are out of favour but if you pair one with a G12H30 they sound awesome (IMHO) :thumbup:

What I reckon sounds awesomer is pairing a G12H30 with another G12H30 and then pairing that pair with another pair of G12H30s.

Can't fault that logic!
BY goldtop0
Unfortunately as seen on trademe prices for the new ones are high........best to buy 2nd hand.
BY Dharmajester
Livesound have stock at present, somewhat restricted product line but more stuff expected in around ten weeks. Prices are hardly competitive, seem pretty arbitrary, some insane compared to overseas. Price quoted for humble greenbacks for example was $295.65 excluding gst ( and that's with a 15% discount). A Creamback M65 however was around eight dollars cheaper. Go figure.
I've had a pair of speakers off them out of convenience but have to say I'd be surprised if i couldn't have saved cash by buying overseas even with duty etc.
Last edited by Dharmajester on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BY Bg
yeah definitely, those prices are mental. Their Eminence prices are comparative to overseas, but they seem to have brain farted on celestion - when you can ship easily from thomman. I would much rather buy local but ffs... they're taking the piss.
BY Dharmajester
Bg wrote:yeah definitely, those prices are mental. Their Eminence prices are comparative to overseas, but they seem to have brain farted on celestion - when you can ship easily from thomman. I would much rather buy local but ffs... they're taking the piss.

Nuts aye. I grabbed a pair of Heritage G1265's as comparatively they didn't seem too bad ( might tame the mad treble from my 2203 )
BY Bg
Molly wrote:Local prices from one UK cab maker:
https://www.zillacabs.com/speakers
Double the £ figure for NZ$.

I'm going back for a pair of CL80s when I get a moment.

Pretty sure Ryans price for a greenback/v30 was $190.
Taking into account inflation, and my wages that haven't kept up with inflation. I'd say fuck off to the prices they're selling them for here.
BY H671
Molly wrote:Local prices from one UK cab maker:
https://www.zillacabs.com/speakers
Double the £ figure for NZ$.

I'm going back for a pair of CL80s when I get a moment.

Why not take orders for NZ Guitars members & post them over!
You could have a nice little part time business until you come back.