Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY bender
I was in at livesound on Friday and found out that they’ve just made a deal with Celestion and their first shipment is on the way. They won’t be carrying a comprehensive range, but hopefully will hold the popular ones in stock.

What would you consider the essentials?
BY Bg
greenbacks, creambacks, vintage 30's, blues .... just greenbacks would do me! :D
BY bender
Bg wrote:greenbacks, creambacks, vintage 30's, blues .... just greenbacks would do me! :D

Ha! That’s exactly what I told them when they asked me!
BY Bg
bender wrote:
Bg wrote:greenbacks, creambacks, vintage 30's, blues .... just greenbacks would do me! :D

Yep they're the winners, the ones I always wish I could find locally :) Thank fuck we are getting an importer again!

If only somebody would bring in jensens.... that would be gravy.
BY bender
Bg wrote:
bender wrote:

Yep they're the winners, the ones I always wish I could find locally :) Thank fuck we are getting an importer again!

If only somebody would bring in jensens.... that would be gravy.

A one-stop-shop for Celestion and Eminence is a pretty good start though!
BY jeremyb
G12H30's and V30's :)
BY bender
For some reason I thought the V30s were out of favour? Jensen might be a bridge too far for them, but someone needs to take it on!
BY Bg
I like to mix up V30's, I don't like them on there own usually. They tend to overpower greenbacks though... V30 and a bog standard T75 works for me.
BY willow13
any other options outside of eminence (which seem to be very expensive compared to celestions)
BY jeremyb
bender wrote:For some reason I thought the V30s were out of favour? Jensen might be a bridge too far for them, but someone needs to take it on!

They kind of are out of favour but if you pair one with a G12H30 they sound awesome (IMHO) :thumbup:
BY Reg18
I was talking to John at live sound about a year ago and he was in negotiations with Celestion at the time. I don’t think they wanted him to keep Eminence but he was keen to have both, looks like he won that argument!
Great to have an NZ dealer again!
BY GrantB
This is good news.

AlNiCo Creams would be nice. Greens for sure. Good ole G12H. Blues n Golds. Do they do the Neo's?