Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY jeremyb
#800431
This is kinda cool, he did surprisingly well!

User avatar
BY Single coil
#800436
“Kempers don’t do that”
He’s buggered katanas for everyone :lol:
User avatar
BY mrmofo
#800968
damn, the Victory sounded great! Love that Jubilee too. would have loved to hear the 5150 on full blast.
User avatar
BY willow13
#801070
He nailed the comment about the EVH. I find the same thing if I turn the gain right back it just sounds like a car that hasn't warmed up and is coughing
User avatar
BY willow13
#801251
Single coil wrote:“Kempers don’t do that”
He’s buggered katanas for everyone :lol:


I've watched this a couple of times now and I decided to plugged the Kat in to the puter and emulate the tone they had with the NS on and YES there is a very "digital" noise happening when the NS wants to turn kick in...but... it is because they haven't even set it up. They have basically just plugged in and gone for it. By going into tone studio and actually setting it up right you completely eliminate those artifacts

So I think its a gross generalisation by chappers (and you :wink: :mrgreen: ) ... just like any pedal if you don't adjust it properly for the amp your are then it will not sound right

I mean look at the tone they had for the EVH...it sounded shit and nothing like the others until chappers had them turn the gain up a bit. The dude doing the testing failed to even remotely get the tone similar on that before starting the test



also katana $699 ... kemper $4,000 ... just saying :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
User avatar
BY werdna
#801294
Amazing that Chappers guessed right.

In the end it's cork sniffing. All the amps sounded pretty good.
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#801296
It is cool tho' that he has enough experience with all these types of amps that he can pick them, doubt I could have guessed any of them :lol:
User avatar
BY Terexgeek
#801316
willow13 wrote:
Single coil wrote:“Kempers don’t do that”
He’s buggered katanas for everyone :lol:


I've watched this a couple of times now and I decided to plugged the Kat in to the puter and emulate the tone they had with the NS on and YES there is a very "digital" noise happening when the NS wants to turn kick in...but... it is because they haven't even set it up. They have basically just plugged in and gone for it. By going into tone studio and actually setting it up right you completely eliminate those artifacts

So I think its a gross generalisation by chappers (and you :wink: :mrgreen: ) ... just like any pedal if you don't adjust it properly for the amp your are then it will not sound right

I mean look at the tone they had for the EVH...it sounded shit and nothing like the others until chappers had them turn the gain up a bit. The dude doing the testing failed to even remotely get the tone similar on that before starting the test



also katana $699 ... kemper $4,000 ... just saying :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That Pedal Show were really scathing of the Boss PW10, but I noticed they had turned the gain on, which means they weren't just using the wah modelling, they had activated an additional drive pedal model. So of course the tone was weird and compressed for a crybaby model. The instructions are even printed on the bottom of the pedal FFS.
User avatar
BY willow13
#801317
Terexgeek wrote:That Pedal Show were really scathing of the Boss PW10, but I noticed they had turned the gain on, which means they weren't just using the wah modelling, they had activated an additional drive pedal model. So of course the tone was weird and compressed for a crybaby model. The instructions are even printed on the bottom of the pedal FFS.


i'm sure some elitist corksniffing comes into stuff like that
User avatar
BY Danger Mouse
#801327
willow13 wrote:
Single coil wrote:“Kempers don’t do that”
He’s buggered katanas for everyone :lol:


I've watched this a couple of times now and I decided to plugged the Kat in to the puter and emulate the tone they had with the NS on and YES there is a very "digital" noise happening when the NS wants to turn kick in...but... it is because they haven't even set it up. They have basically just plugged in and gone for it. By going into tone studio and actually setting it up right you completely eliminate those artifacts

So I think its a gross generalisation by chappers (and you :wink: :mrgreen: ) ... just like any pedal if you don't adjust it properly for the amp your are then it will not sound right

I mean look at the tone they had for the EVH...it sounded shit and nothing like the others until chappers had them turn the gain up a bit. The dude doing the testing failed to even remotely get the tone similar on that before starting the test





In fairness they did mention both of those in the vid.
User avatar
BY chur
#801330
Terexgeek wrote:That Pedal Show were really scathing of the Boss PW10, but I noticed they had turned the gain on, which means they weren't just using the wah modelling, they had activated an additional drive pedal model. So of course the tone was weird and compressed for a crybaby model. The instructions are even printed on the bottom of the pedal FFS.


I've tried several times, I just can't gel with that YT channel. I think its the length of their shows and my attention span, which runs out around the 10 min mark.
User avatar
BY StratMatt
#801331
Does TPS film in the same place as the Chappers vids? Rooms look pretty similar.