Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY mugamee
I wonder what happened to that one. I was checking this pm and the ad now says that a trademe administrator had withdrawn the listing.

That amp wouldve been nice though :)
BY bender
mugamee wrote:@bender..so even if it includes a transformer attached to the amp, they wouldnt consider still? Oh tard me lol

Yeah, that’s their rule. Pretty lame really
BY Single coil
Yeah, that’s taboo as fuck. Apparently there’s a huge risk for the uneducated to somehow electrocute themselves when plugging the things in.
I don’t understand it.
People smarter than me do.
BY GrantB
TradeMe...saves lives.
BY Anvil Amps Alan
It had very little 1953 left in it.
Crappy vinyl re covered, capacitors all changed and a generic speaker from the 80s.
BY mugamee
Anvil Amps Alan wrote:It had very little 1953 left in it.
Crappy vinyl re covered, capacitors all changed and a generic speaker from the 80s.

Yeah that's what i thought as well. Itll be a major restoration project. It's practically just a cabinet, empty chasis and some tubes (with one microphononic).
BY null_pointer
RectifiedAmps wrote:
null_pointer wrote:Incidentally does anyone know if someone is still rewinding transformers in NZ?

Brian Smith in Foxton is your guy: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33306&start=30

Awesome good to know. I assume you just send him the tranny and not the whole head though? I’m thinking I should get the /13 rewound to 240v to save on the step down luggage
BY RectifiedAmps
null_pointer wrote:Awesome good to know. I assume you just send him the tranny and not the whole head though? I’m thinking I should get the /13 rewound to 240v to save on the step down luggage

Yep, just send the transformer on it's own. His usual price is around $130.