Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY mrmofo
#784231
I`ve had Clarry, Alan and Fix It Phill work on my stuff. all three are utterly fantastic.
the amp Alan fixed a few years ago is still going great, The Eminar 120 watt Valve monster with the faders instead of pots on the front panel. pretty much brought back from the dead.
would recommend !
User avatar
BY H671
#784241
mrmofo wrote:I`ve had Clarry, Alan and Fix It Phill work on my stuff. all three are utterly fantastic.
the amp Alan fixed a few years ago is still going great, The Eminar 120 watt Valve monster with the faders instead of pots on the front panel. pretty much brought back from the dead.
would recommend !


I've used Fixit Phil before but he seems to have dropped off the radar.
Do you have any contact details for him?
User avatar
BY The Scarecrow
#784245
I've mostly dealt with Clarry over the last 10-15 years when he was in Mt Eden and now in Titirangi. Always a straight shooter and easy to deal with. Just a mission to get out to his place at times. Ryan was good when he was good, but not really an option anymore.

Also had positive dealings with Keith Prictor in Glenfield (KP Electronics) though I believe he's sadly passed away last year. :cry:

Was there a thread where we had all the tech's listed a while ago?
User avatar
BY mrmofo
#784251
H671 wrote:
mrmofo wrote:I`ve had Clarry, Alan and Fix It Phill work on my stuff. all three are utterly fantastic.
the amp Alan fixed a few years ago is still going great, The Eminar 120 watt Valve monster with the faders instead of pots on the front panel. pretty much brought back from the dead.
would recommend !


I've used Fixit Phil before but he seems to have dropped off the radar.
Do you have any contact details for him?


he still has the same phone number, it`s a bit tricky getting him to answer it :)
BY NippleWrestler
#784283
The rockshop fixed my amp after clarry made it more broken. It was humming and spluttering, clarry went in and clipped out the tremolo circuit in the amp - a dual Rectifier tremoverb- for no discernible reason, even he couldn't explain why he did it.

He gave a refund but didn't fix the problem and left me with a still spluttering amp but now without the tremolo. The rockshop diagnosed the intial problem as a loose solder joint on v4 but couldn't work out how to reconnect the tremolo.

As such I can't recommend clarry to anybody I like and maybe the rockshop can help you out.
User avatar
BY jaxman16
#784760
werdna wrote:Clarry has been nothing but generous with time and bang on with his work.

Clarry recommends a Gary Beatty, based in Blockhouse Bay. Any feedback on Beatty please?

By the way, I have a wireless unit for my guitar which doesn't work. Is there anyone you might recommend for this job? I bought the unit from a forum member who I won't name; he isn't one of the high volume posting regulars.

I've been to Garry in Blockhouse Bay several times, he's awesome!
Fixed my 5150 which was having tube/wiring problems I guess haha. Also fixed my mate's ancient Mesa. Awesome service and communication. Great guy, cheap prices too (don't think he charges much, just the minimum for his time).
User avatar
BY KNNZ
#784776
jaxman16 wrote:
werdna wrote:Clarry has been nothing but generous with time and bang on with his work.

Clarry recommends a Gary Beatty, based in Blockhouse Bay. Any feedback on Beatty please?

By the way, I have a wireless unit for my guitar which doesn't work. Is there anyone you might recommend for this job? I bought the unit from a forum member who I won't name; he isn't one of the high volume posting regulars.

I've been to Garry in Blockhouse Bay several times, he's awesome!
Fixed my 5150 which was having tube/wiring problems I guess haha. Also fixed my mate's ancient Mesa. Awesome service and communication. Great guy, cheap prices too (don't think he charges much, just the minimum for his time).


Can please share Garry’s contact details? Cheers
User avatar
BY jaxman16
#784778
KNNZ wrote:
jaxman16 wrote:
werdna wrote:Clarry has been nothing but generous with time and bang on with his work.

Clarry recommends a Gary Beatty, based in Blockhouse Bay. Any feedback on Beatty please?

By the way, I have a wireless unit for my guitar which doesn't work. Is there anyone you might recommend for this job? I bought the unit from a forum member who I won't name; he isn't one of the high volume posting regulars.

I've been to Garry in Blockhouse Bay several times, he's awesome!
Fixed my 5150 which was having tube/wiring problems I guess haha. Also fixed my mate's ancient Mesa. Awesome service and communication. Great guy, cheap prices too (don't think he charges much, just the minimum for his time).


Can please share Garry’s contact details? Cheers

Yeah man, his phone number is 09 627 1327. Just give him a call about your amp, he's at 15 Heaphy Street
User avatar
BY Single coil
#784779
17 of the most awful pizzas available are en route.
User avatar
BY mrmofo
#784787
the hell on dominion rd makes the absolute worst pizza in auckland