Laney LX 35W?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Shimmer
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 296 times
Been liked: 90 times

Laney LX 35W?

Post by Shimmer »

Has anyone played one of these? I am after a combo that is c. 40W, is cheap ($400max) and does not have modelling (I would never use the features). I almost bought an Orange Crush (35RT) but didn't for some reason. I have had Katana recommended (but I wouldn't utilise all of its features - I love pedals too much). I have been warned off the Marshall MGCFX series. So what about a Laney LX?
I want all the pedals!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Laney LX 35W?

Post by jeremyb »

10" speaker, hmmm, I have a Katana 50W and only use the clean channel, no effects, cause I'm a pedal guy too, sounds great and the wattage control makes it usable for bedroom or gigs!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Shimmer
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Shimmer »

jeremyb wrote:10" speaker, hmmm, I have a Katana 50W and only use the clean channel, no effects, cause I'm a pedal guy too, sounds great and the wattage control makes it usable for bedroom or gigs!
That is interesting. I just worry that I'd start playing with modelling options and then get stuck there. But maybe I just need to get over my reluctance. Katana owners certainly seem to rave about them!
I want all the pedals!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Shimmer wrote:
jeremyb wrote:10" speaker, hmmm, I have a Katana 50W and only use the clean channel, no effects, cause I'm a pedal guy too, sounds great and the wattage control makes it usable for bedroom or gigs!
That is interesting. I just worry that I'd start playing with modelling options and then get stuck there. But maybe I just need to get over my reluctance. Katana owners certainly seem to rave about them!
If you know what tone you want then you can just ignore all the options, set it and forget it :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Shimmer
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Shimmer »

jeremyb wrote:
Shimmer wrote:
If you know what tone you want then you can just ignore all the options, set it and forget it :)
I'm definitely leaning towards the Katana 50... They don't seem to be available much at the moment? Maybe a new model is coming out?
I want all the pedals!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Unlikely, people don't seem to sell them, Kris on here has the 100W 1x12 for sale :)

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.