its been a while and its NAD

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

stratkiwi
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 29 times

its been a while and its NAD

Post by stratkiwi »

Been a while since I posted here but I am now back. After selling my dumb 1 channel laney cub head and stupidly selling my fender strat. I made damn sure I bought a new amp that won't mess around so my choice was a 6505+ combo to run my remaining jackson PS1 through it which I resurrected last weekend with new tuners & pots while still winding down from an acidmorph gig it still has the Sh11 and the cool rails in it (cool rails will get changed out to something better later down the track). 5 weeks of not smoking also helped with this purchase.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Re: its been a while and its NAD

Post by GrantB »

Yus, go the no-smoking!
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

stratkiwi
Ashton
Ashton

Post by stratkiwi »

GrantB wrote:Yus, go the no-smoking!
Hell yes mate would rather walk around smelling like vanilla or blueberries that is in the vape juice I use than stinking like an ash tray. been cranking out some stuff but only using the post gain on 2 to keep on good terms with the neighbours but cranking the shit out of the pre gain so can't wait to crank it in a jam session and that is going to come very soon. But after watching the final battle of the bands heat for the waikato region last weekend and I only went to see my mates band (acidmorph) play it gave me that kick up the arse I needed to get back into it and keep going.

mttn3
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by mttn3 »

Dat's pretty cool, nice one.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

So cool!
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

stratkiwi
Ashton
Ashton

Post by stratkiwi »

I just gave the cool rails a run through the amp and somehow I do not think I will be ditching it in a hurry it used to sound like crap through my old amp but this one it seems to get along quite well and I can get a nice dark sound out of it which would be ideal for the darker sounding stuff I sometimes play but gives a very nice clean as well as for the custom custom that is staying too as the 6505 has really unleashed it.