Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Eruera
Been on the hunt for a low-wattage amp with spring and trem since mini-Eru came to rule the roost, finally bit on a Princeton!

https://imgur.com/gallery/TRT2c

Turns out I don't know how to get images working anymore.

Sounds looooovely with the LP, nice chime and surprising girth for a small cab and 10" driver. Looking forward to trying with the Jet and 360/12. Reverb is a nice ambience, without too much sproink, and the trem is deep, dark, dank, and swampy.

Still a wee bit loud at breakup so might need to add an attenuator, but happy to just play clean for now.

Bit of a crisis as to what I should keep in my, for the foreseeable future, post-gigging life; hopefully this will be enough of a destruction that I won't feel bad about the MkV and FX8 sitting in mothballs.

Big showt owt to Dave for the dealio and the Palmy RS boys for their service, always a pleasure.
BY GrantB
Nice - go Princetons!
BY Conway
null_pointer wrote:
Conway wrote:Mine is actually just filling a space reserved for my Divided By 13, once my hitman completes his assignment...

We can always talk a return journey... :p

One step at a time. Need to get my next amp off Grant's executors first. :wink:
BY GrantB
Conway wrote:Mine is actually just filling a space reserved for my Divided By 13, once my hitman completes his assignment...

I wondered what that red dot was on my chest was earlier.
BY null_pointer
GrantB wrote:

I wondered what that red dot was on my chest was earlier.

This one?

BY Frey
I thought tweed blackface was a contradiction of terms. Different eras?
BY Eruera
Frey wrote:I thought tweed blackface was a contradiction of terms. Different eras?

It's a blackface circuit in tweed pajamas :lol:
BY Eruera
Reg18 wrote:Nice amp! PRRI is on my hit list at some point, I quite like the tweed too!
Did you buy brand new in NZ?

Yep, Dave sorted me out. They have some cool special run princetons with quite snazzy clothing.