Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY H671
There's a Jet City on TM at the moment.
BY Pastasauce
Polar Bear wrote:AC10s are lovely, as are 15s. They're so far removed from your old JCM though, as I'm sure you're aware. I'd definitely check out Nik(sizzlingbadger)'s Laney though. Great deal on a killer amp.

For sure, I'm expecting it to be very different, but Vox's are a flavour I've not tried before (though I've always liked them when I've heard them).

Would that be the Laney LC50 that's on TM?
BY Polar Bear
Pastasauce wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:AC10s are lovely, as are 15s. They're so far removed from your old JCM though, as I'm sure you're aware. I'd definitely check out Nik(sizzlingbadger)'s Laney though. Great deal on a killer amp.

For sure, I'm expecting it to be very different, but Vox's are a flavour I've not tried before (though I've always liked them when I've heard them).

Nope:

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=32851&hilit=lionheart

If you decide to go the Vox route, feel free to get into contact. :)
BY Bg
Pastasauce wrote:

Try out a katana though, I was surprised....
BY Pastasauce
Bg wrote:
Pastasauce wrote:

Try out a katana though, I was surprised....

I'll definitely pop into the Rockshop to test one out...
BY Slowy
Pastasauce wrote:
Slowy wrote:Saucey's back in the game.... does my heart good to hear it. Welcome back Brother! Do you still have my old Wet?

Cheers guys.

And yes, I do! Still have a little pedalboard on a PT nano sitting around gathering dust. A Timmy, a Euphoria, a Diamond Memory Lane Jr and a Wet are all waiting to be played.

Dibs on the Wet if you ever decide to move it on. It can come back to Daddy :D
BY AiRdAd
Welcome back. The Marshall is still going strong. I've just picked up an 80's Marshall jcm800 head, so will put it in there to save a bit of space.
BY Pastasauce
AiRdAd wrote:Welcome back. The Marshall is still going strong. I've just picked up an 80's Marshall jcm800 head, so will put it in there to save a bit of space.

Glad to hear that. It's a great amp. I reckon I'll always be stoked to have had a JCM 800, as impractical as it was for my situation.
BY Pastasauce
sizzlingbadger wrote:If you do want the Laney let me know, I can probably do you a really good deal.

Cheers man, but I'm looking for something a bit more portable... my last amp was a 2x12 combo. :-)
BY handsoffmatt
Conway wrote:Whatever you do, don't fall for the Katana hype.

You didn't like it?
BY godgrinder
Pastasauce wrote:Any thoughts on this little guy?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instruments/instruments/guitar-bass/guitar-amps/auction-1336916488.htm

Considering the price of the other stuff he's selling, I'd guess this one is overpriced too.