Which AC15?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Re: Which AC15?

Post by sizzlingbadger »

jvpp wrote:
sizzlingbadger wrote:Best bang for buck is the AC15C1 and you can replace the reverb pan for about $30 with only the aid of a screwdriver if you want a better reverb. Mojotone pan works very well.
Looking at the http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/Mojot ... rb-Tanks#/ website...

Which one can be fitted into the VOX? Which one did you use/recommend?

MOD - Medium Decay, 8EB2C1B Reverb Tank
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 807 times
Been liked: 1295 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

I run an ac15cc1x . It's an older onee with the single channel (no top boost ) And a blue.
I added a tone stack and a bright cap switch to it.
Apparently from weighing about the same as a panza it's one of my favourite pieces of kit. I'm guessing the speaker is very well broken in. It's also absurdly loud for a 15 watt amp. Also it only cost $400 from memory :)

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

StrummersOfThunder wrote:I run an ac15cc1x . It's an older onee with the single channel (no top boost ) And a blue.
Apparently from weighing about the same as a panza it's one of my favourite pieces of kit. I'm guessing the speaker is very well broken in. It's also absurdly loud for a 15 watt amp. Also it only cost $400 from memory :)
Ah, the one with the beautiful rimu veneer on the top front. It is way more valuable now...
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 807 times
Been liked: 1295 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

jvpp wrote:
StrummersOfThunder wrote:I run an ac15cc1x . It's an older onee with the single channel (no top boost ) And a blue.
Ah, the one with the beautiful rimu veneer on the top front. It is way more valuable now...
Yes that one.
Also recognizable by the ominpresent voltaren for persistent back strain

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

StrummersOfThunder wrote:
jvpp wrote:
Yes that one.
Why are you posting about that in here? He's specifically asking about a Vox AC15. Yours is an Ox.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

bender wrote:
StrummersOfThunder wrote:
jvpp wrote:
Yes that one.
Why are you posting about that in here? He's specifically asking about a Vox AC15. Yours is an Ox.
Ox is good. Much better than
OR GE or
assman or
assbreaker.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.