Headrush Pedalboard

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Headrush Pedalboard

Post by jeremyb »

Lawrence wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
I'd need to be able to have it do volume pedal, fuzz, 3 delays, and a reverb as a minimum, plus be able to switch them on and off at will!
you need (NEED!) a Helix!
my main patches have envelope filter, compressor, Klon, Tubescreamer, Pitch, Tape Echo, Phasor, Digital Delay, 3 voice Chorus and Plate Reverb - all switchable at will.....oh and an amp and two cabs and EQ and Room Reverb....(and each patch has 4 snapshots with 30 odd variables...)
Can do all that with the HD500X and with the external IR Loader it sounds pretty darn good!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote:
Bg wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Wouldn't work for me without a bunch of additional pedals :(
New pedal models are getting added all the time including P & W style like you use ;)

Theres a long way to go till it hits its limitations, the new slow gear model is awesome :D

The headrush (and helix for that matter) would make me paranoid about playing live - stumbling drunks and beer spillage etc - and thats just me, worse still with an actual audience. An fcb1010 is much less replacement cost, or midi mouse even.
I'd need to be able to have it do volume pedal, fuzz, 3 delays, and a reverb as a minimum, plus be able to switch them on and off at will!
amplifire and fcb1010 /thread :P
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Kloppsta wrote:
Also keen to know if the modelling engine has been revamped or if its the same 7+ year old technology used in the original 11R. ?
I imagine it will be updated. The main reason 11r hasn't been was because this team got frozen and then eventually severed from Avid. Now they're free to do what they like. This should be cool. I really rate the 11r, even if it is old tech.

mttn3
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by mttn3 »

It should be pretty simple to make a pedalboard splash resistant by glad wrapping it. :3 You can't get classier than that.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

mttn3 wrote:It should be pretty simple to make a pedalboard splash resistant by glad wrapping it. :3 You can't get classier than that.
Extra large condom would do it
I have some spare ..
:mental:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Olderama wrote:
mttn3 wrote:It should be pretty simple to make a pedalboard splash resistant by glad wrapping it. :3 You can't get classier than that.
I have some spare ..
Great you've found a use for them finally!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Olderama »

jeremyb wrote:
Olderama wrote:
I have some spare ..
Great you've found a use for them finally!
Yeah just too damn tight

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Nice cumback!

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Don't know how that would affect heat dissipation for digital units like these though.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Olderama »

hamo wrote:
Don't know how that would affect heat dissipation for digital units like these though.
I suppose it would make it thinner

mttn3
PRS
PRS

Post by mttn3 »

hamo wrote:
Yeh I wondered about that, but you can't win all the time.

Maybe like once you set up your board you could put some sort of clear PET thermoplastic sheet on top and heat-gun it so it moulds itself over the shape and you can still stomp the switches but all the beer and vomit and thrown faeces will splash off.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

not sure where you're playing but I can't say I've ever had a shit thrown at me on stage. Beer, yes.

mttn3
PRS
PRS

Post by mttn3 »

:lol: It just pays to be prepared for the worst.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

I can't say I've ever felt like anyone even vaguely damaging my gear whilst gigging, was a little paranoid about the whole chickens in one coop thing with the HD but I guess the genre of music we play tends to have a better quality of punter, not drunken rugger buggers :lol:

stuu
PRS McCarty
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by stuu »

I've played to a variety of audiences over the years, and by far the most clear and present threat to my gear has been myself and my band. Don't put your beer bottles on your half-stacks, and don't keep em by your pedalboard. Stages can be bouncy, players can get over-enthusiastic.

Punters are a distant, almost non-existent second consideration if you've band-proofed your gear.
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer