Finally found a cabinet for the cub head

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

stratkiwi
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 29 times

Finally found a cabinet for the cub head

Post by stratkiwi »

As some of you guys saw in the intro thread that I was looking for a cabinet to run my laney cub head into, well the search is over all thanks to a good bugger on trade me that was willing to ship I scored a jet city 2x12 with eminence speakers. Once again it is coming up from the south island (why are all the bargain trade me prices down south lol). looking forward to next weekend when I finally get to hear the pureness of a tube amp and bring the cs69's in my 94 MIM fender strat to life.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2482 times

Re: Finally found a cabinet for the cub head

Post by Slowy »

stratkiwi wrote:As some of you guys saw in the intro thread that I was looking for a cabinet to run my laney cub head into, well the search is over all thanks to a good bugger on trade me that was willing to ship I scored a jet city 2x12 with eminence speakers. Once again it is coming up from the south island (why are all the bargain trade me prices down south lol). looking forward to next weekend when I finally get to hear the pureness of a valve amp and bring the cs69's in my 94 MIM fender strat to life.
And so it begins...........
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

stratkiwi
Ashton
Ashton

Post by stratkiwi »

Slowy wrote:
stratkiwi wrote:As some of you guys saw in the intro thread that I was looking for a cabinet to run my laney cub head into, well the search is over all thanks to a good bugger on trade me that was willing to ship I scored a jet city 2x12 with eminence speakers. Once again it is coming up from the south island (why are all the bargain trade me prices down south lol). looking forward to next weekend when I finally get to hear the pureness of a valve amp and bring the cs69's in my 94 MIM fender strat to life.
And so it begins...........
I think GAS hit me when I bought my 94 fender strat and had $700 worth of upgrades done to it within two weeks of owning it, better to have good gear right from the start (buy once and do it right not buy twice to get it right)

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

stratkiwi wrote:jet city 2x12 with eminence speakers.
Ha. I saw that and thought about recommending it, but it was Timaru or something.
stratkiwi wrote:Once again it is coming up from the south island
Stick around and rage at Molly getting 4x12 cabs from Invercargill that probably exist in NZ in numbers you can count on one hand for $300.

stratkiwi
Ashton
Ashton

Post by stratkiwi »

JHorner wrote:
stratkiwi wrote:jet city 2x12 with eminence speakers.
Ha. I saw that and thought about recommending it, but it was Timaru or something.
stratkiwi wrote:Once again it is coming up from the south island
Stick around and rage at Molly getting 4x12 cabs from Invercargill that probably exist in NZ in numbers you can count on one hand for $300.
I was stoked to get the cabinet, I had been drooling over some of the jet city heads I had seen on TM ironically I have never seen jet city stuff in the shops, it was just by chance i asked if he was willing to ship when he said yes and quoted me on shipping cost it was a done deal as I only had $500 to spare from the sale of my rifle seeing i quit shooting a year and a half ago. Even the missus said go for it seeing i was in a foul mood all weekend due to not being able to use the new amp all weekend.

stratkiwi
Ashton
Ashton

Post by stratkiwi »

The cabinet arrived today, was like a bloody kid in a candy store, I had to relocate the speaker outputs on the back of the head yesterday to accommodate the whopping big plugs that Titan cables put on their speaker cables. All I could say when I cranked up the amp and heard it for the first time was holy shit I used the less than 1 watt input and jesus it is loud and made the floor of the lounge vibrate but sounds absolutely amazing almost too scared to try the 15 watt input but going to when I get it out to the garage for a jam with my son.
Attachments
the amp.jpg