The Amplifire Thread

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

The Amplifire Thread

Post by KentNZ »

I figure Kemper had an appreciation thread, so why not The Amplifire?! Please, go out and buy one so we can rave-on together about how good this thing sounds. Man. Another hour and half today...

In terms of review? I've dug in a bit to the Bassman, Deluxe, Twin (theme running there?) and a minute or two into the AC30 sounds. The hi gain (non Fender) settings are a bit nasty while preset-surfing but winding back the extremes and tweaking the amps ...and my newly set-up Strat with fresh strings and 3-driver ear buds... my goodness what a great way to kill some time!

If you're after a modelling that isn't 5000 amps (I think they do 12 on this) then seriously, consider this. I feel like I'm discovering amps, for real. Discovering sounds...

And, you know, simple things... but it's just nice to be able to wack in the headphones and not have to run cables or headphone amps/mixers and... today I didnt even use the pedalboard, and used the built in effects; screamer, reverb, delay. Done.

Anyway. Great fun. It's good to be back playing a little electric guitar again! And making me want to play, practice, actually get better at this. We're all chasing that vibe a little bit, too, eh?

Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Re: The Amplifire Thread

Post by AiRdAd »

How much are they? Looks cool.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

Should land for somewhere under/around $1100 ex Andertons (UK). $599 US plus shipping and tax from Atomic (US)
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

The stock presets are OK, but a bit on the crappy side. If anyone here buys an Amplifire, get the singtall presets from the Atomic website (free), and the MBritt pack ($20 or so). The tweaked patches are muuuuch better.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

I hear MBritt IRs are good.

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

I'm super tempted to buy one of these later this year just because - It's a hassle some times pulling out the massive board with the helix on it to play at home - which is a 1st world problem for sure.

I'd probably have one of these perma setup on my desk.
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

There's certainly an element of that. Reminds me of back in the day, in terms of use, when I had my old Vox Tonelab - but... clearly much higher quality. :)

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

Actually getting a chance to play is nicer. Discovering the Dumble Warm preset - even Nicerer!! So good!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Yay, should have mine today! I belong to an exclusive club :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

Bg wrote:Yay, should have mine today! I belong to an exclusive club :)
:thumbup:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

What are you running yours through?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

One of these is in my future. I just picked up a Nova System-- TC electronic studio pedals in a box, which is awesome. Just need to generate amp and speaker tones now for a great small rig: two smallish boxes and three cables.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

Bg wrote:What are you running yours through?
Mostly headphones, and then a pair of DXR10's I picked up the other week. SO good!

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

cool :) I'll be running headphones and studio monitors at home. But I'm thinking 50 watt/100 watt amp head with fx in for live, just using power section. Then I can get toan at lower volume for once lol.

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by Kiwiaxe »

I run mine through my CLR and it's awesome :)