Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY KNNZ
Capt. Black wrote:If you look at the front window of the Ampshop, you'll see a sign saying that the shop is now online only.
Not gone out of business. Just relocated to the ether.
It also says Ryan is still doing repairs and servicing. Just contact him through the Ampshop.co.nz webstore.

And Clarry is great.

cheers boss!
BY jeremyb
How long does it work before dying? those 12's are known for a thermal cutout issue :(
BY Bollix
Who's a notable amp repairer atm pls?
BY Capt. Black
Bollix wrote:Who's a notable amp repairer atm pls?

What amp?
BY SimonHirst
Capt. Black wrote:

What amp?

If it's a toob amp Capt. Black need merely stare at it hard enough to hear it burst into life!!
Well, that's the legend I've heard anyway.
BY Capt. Black
SimonHirst wrote:
Capt. Black wrote:

What amp?

If it's a toob amp Capt. Black need merely stare at it hard enough to hear it burst into life!!
Well, that's the legend I've heard anyway.

Hehehehe.

I ask because Clarry, like I believe, Anvil Amps Alan, is getting selective about which amps he’ll take on.
BY SimonHirst
Capt. Black wrote:Hehehehe.

I ask because Clarry, like I believe, Anvil Amps Alan, is getting selective about which amps he’ll take on.

What?!! The legends not true?!?..haha.

Yeah, John Gilmore has voiced a similar intent to me too! I'm assuming it's probably for similar reasons, and if so, I certainly understand their logic too :thumbup:
BY MogwaiBoy
What happened to Ryan, seriously? All I see are "he closed the shop and went online" type of responses, but that's BS because his website no longer exists and his Facebook is silent. Looks like he let a lot of people down - I found an Aussie forum with someone expecting an amp delivered and Ryan just ghosted - they had to go through a PayPal refund process to get their money back. This does not sound like Ryan's style AT ALL. I'm guessing something incredibly dire happened in his personal life - to save me from speculating, can someone let me know via PM or something? It's not just out of curiosity - I'd like to know if he's still around to work on amps, make cables etc.
BY godgrinder
werdna wrote:Clarry recommends Ivan. I have found Ivan to be unfriendly in his manner, and very expensive.

Yeah he's on the more expensive side but it's getting harder to find someone who doesn't get intimidated by anything newer than a jcm800. :lol:
BY jeremyb
MogwaiBoy wrote:What happened to Ryan, seriously? All I see are "he closed the shop and went online" type of responses, but that's BS because his website no longer exists and his Facebook is silent. Looks like he let a lot of people down - I found an Aussie forum with someone expecting an amp delivered and Ryan just ghosted - they had to go through a PayPal refund process to get their money back. This does not sound like Ryan's style AT ALL. I'm guessing something incredibly dire happened in his personal life - to save me from speculating, can someone let me know via PM or something? It's not just out of curiosity - I'd like to know if he's still around to work on amps, make cables etc.

PM'D :(
BY willow13
jeremyb wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:What happened to Ryan, seriously? All I see are "he closed the shop and went online" type of responses, but that's BS because his website no longer exists and his Facebook is silent. Looks like he let a lot of people down - I found an Aussie forum with someone expecting an amp delivered and Ryan just ghosted - they had to go through a PayPal refund process to get their money back. This does not sound like Ryan's style AT ALL. I'm guessing something incredibly dire happened in his personal life - to save me from speculating, can someone let me know via PM or something? It's not just out of curiosity - I'd like to know if he's still around to work on amps, make cables etc.

PM'D :(

personally I think his name should not be mentioned on here anymore...the dude owes people on here money so fuck him
BY Bollix
Clarry is still in action, for "special interest" projects.
He's going to take on my Marshall 1992 30th Anniversary 1x12 100W Combo.
Thank heavens!
Kiwiaxe sold me this in June 2013.