Fender Acoustasonic 30 amps

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Fender Acoustasonic 30 amps

Post by B45-12 »

After spending hours fixing the amp, cords, guitar etc. and trying to get a decent recordable acoustic sound the other day, finally going half potty with sheer frustration in the process, I succumbed to the lure of modern technology and rushed out/bought a Fender acoustasonic 30 amp.

Now it works superbly with pizeo guitar pup/vocal mike and also has a 'line out' socket while my ancient Fostex X-26 4 track recorder has a 'line in' socket. So is there any reason why the two should not be connected for recording?, or should I go instead with a mike/2mikes plus mixer and try to record the live speaker sound. We are talking acoustic instrumentals/folk here - things like Angie, Classical Gas, Windy and Warm, Lost lover blues, White house Blues etc.

Any opinions, thoughts, tips etc. from those that have done this before - please keep it simple as I'm of the 'no more than 4 controls' generation.
You can't do THAT on stage!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2263 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

why not give both ways a try? While speakers and cabs obviously add something to the sound and tone, in an acoustic its not neccesarily a good thing ;) So give the line out/in a go first and see if its what you want - its certainly a lot easier than messing around mic-ing up a cabinet.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

ratfink
Thunderbird IV

Post by ratfink »

A couple of weeks ago, in an act of brazen stupidity it seems, I lined from my stereo to my Tascam 4track recorder thing and it went bzzzt...bzzzt, pfooof :roll: Now i'm no electronics wizz (clearly) but you may want to avoid trying this. The only reason I say is that it seems kinda similar to line-out(amp) >> line-in(4track)?
"And I want a bike and a monkey and a friend for the monkey." - Ralph Wiggum

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Yay thanks for the thoughts folks and will give it a whirl bearing ratfink's point in mind.

For those that might be having similar thoughts or just Fender amp problems, by luck I found there are amp circuit diagrams on the Fender site under 'resources' amp then 'schematics'. Could not get it to print out but you can read the diagem and see what's happening.
You can't do THAT on stage!