Trying to get rid of Marshall heads..

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Trying to get rid of Marshall heads..

Post by Capt. Black »

Decades of experience in sales and an unhealthy dose of amateur psychology.

;)

caskin8a
Stagg
Stagg

Re: Trying to get rid of Marshall heads..

Post by caskin8a »

aliasceiza wrote:
Capt. Black wrote:I've never sold an item on tm for less than market value. And so far I've never not sold an item I wanted to sell.

It's all in the pitch. Seriously. And a little patience.
I would have thought the market value of an item was what someone was willing to pay for it, so every item sold is therefore sold at market value...the point being that at the moment, the market value is quite low, how else can you possibly decide what a market value is?

Just curious?
Thats just semantics, he's referring to market value as what second hand gear should, with a general consensus, be worth (condition/quality of gear etc). But people generally aren't gonna make $1000+ investments on trademe unless they really really want/need it whether it's being sold a 'market value' or not.

Maybe it's just market saturation - RS laughing all the way to the bank :wink: , where are those kids coming out of high school with supermarket jobs saving up $$ and itching to be rock stars when we need them.
SammyD wrote: +1 on this. Just word it a little better, make it sound like you still want it but need to sell it and it's worth way more than you are selling it for and someone will buy it for what you want :P
Patience, true that. Yeah I think I'll wait a bit, you guys can critique my amps stunning resume when it comes out 8) - you'll know which it is, I haven't seen any other KK's sold on trademe.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

aliasceiza wrote: I would have thought the market value of an item was what someone was willing to pay for it, so every item sold is therefore sold at market value...the point being that at the moment, the market value is quite low, how else can you possibly decide what a market value is?
The trick is to make them willing to pay more for it.

It's like audiophile marketing -- you won't pay $2500 for a IEC cable, but they will for a gold plated high quality power connect crafted by Buddhist virgins that sounds woody, with a faint hint of Italian olive oil.
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 698 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Things that can help you selling on trademe.

Put ending time between 7-10pm - preferably on a Monday. it is trademe's busiest time.
Include links to reviews - guitarworld, harmony central etc.
Include videos - marshall promo videos, youtube etc.
Talk about benefits, not just features.
Have good quality photos.
Write a good advert - check out slash-ed's auctions - he the master at that.
Price the item properly.
Be prepared to wait for a sale. I often wait up to six weeks to get a sale - you have to have the item priced properly though :-)
Pay for Gallery listing - -only 40 cents or something. but helps.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

sambrowne
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sambrowne »

AiRdAd wrote:Things that can help you selling on trademe.

Put ending time between 7-10pm - preferably on a Monday. it is trademe's busiest time.
Include links to reviews - guitarworld, harmony central etc.
Include videos - marshall promo videos, youtube etc.
Talk about benefits, not just features.
Have good quality photos.
Write a good advert - check out slash-ed's auctions - he the master at that.
Price the item properly.
Be prepared to wait for a sale. I often wait up to six weeks to get a sale - you have to have the item priced properly though :-)
Pay for Gallery listing - -only 40 cents or something. but helps.
All excellent advice indeed and yeah, it's all in the pitch and especially in the title + main photo I reckon. The JCM800KK is a mean amp if you want a really legit metal tube tone, and sounds quite different to a standard JCM800 on account of the KT88s and the beast mode thing. It is way more aggressive and geared towards metal (obviously) rather than an all round rocker like a standard 800 (which really needs a pedal in front for true metal heaviness - hence beast mode). I think if it had a decent clean channel as well it would be a very popular amp.