Speaker info

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

stark
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by stark »

bluesgeek wrote: I think you can generally get away with a speaker that is about 75% your amp output -
I've a tremolux that has been pumping 18-22 watts into a 15W spkr for 50 years now. :shock:
*UNIQUE* wrote:This raises another question. Do metal players use speakers that will also distort, or do they get all of their distortion from the amp/pedals setup and simply accurately project from a hugely powerful and stable speaker setup?
Yep, that's how i understand it, that metal distortion is generated purely in the preamp, while the power amp and spkrs run clean. ! mean, a full stack is a 100W head driving 600W of spkrs. (assuming they're G75s)
Last edited by stark on Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
this one's special, this is the ultimate, after this i'll never need another amp, EVER...Image
starkAM

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Rog wrote:Have a read here:

http://www.webervst.com/sptalk.html
hmmm - emailed home, and I shall definitely have a good look through, cheers.

And thanks to all for the thoughts and opinions - I'm a complete n00b when it comes to things like this; I've always tended to just plug in and fiddle with the dials. I know nothing about speakers/efficiency/open vs closed back cabs....blah blah whatever. ;)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

gregtarr
I am Marshall, hear me roar!

Post by gregtarr »

There is a 12" Weber on TM at the moment. I didn't have a real good look, but I think it was starting at $100. Just thought I'd tell you.
"I told you, pedals sound twice as good when they're stacked on top of other pedals" - Mike Einziger

stark
Squier

Post by stark »

yes, i'm scoping that one - a perfect replacement for the old Jensen, which sounds sweet, but i'd like to retire it, or at least save it for recording.

Tsuken, you wouldn't like it. Trusr me. :wink:
this one's special, this is the ultimate, after this i'll never need another amp, EVER...Image
starkAM