Amp Line up

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by B45-12 »

I have a Fender Twin Reverb from the early 70's as the main amp and some other smaller odds and sods (Phillips valve amp, Jansen 25 watt combo, Park CD15R. Muscle mini one for busking) mostly for practise but must confess to not worrying too much about the tone so long as you can hear it reasonably clearly.
You can't do THAT on stage!

stewbaby
Stagg
Stagg

Post by stewbaby »

We have a Leem (Yes... all the way from Korea) KN1210 100w 12" single multiamp. It has 2 Mic inputs, Hi and Lo guitar inputs, right and left keyboard input, Aux and CD player, each with at least individual volume and spring reverb (Guitars have High, med and low also) as well as a master volume, reverb and EQ.

I also have a Holden Graphic 100w, all tube, and a 2x12 Jansen cab.

We can accommodate the whole family on my two amps, me on guitar, son on bass, daughter on keys and vox, and young son on vox ( my wife just watches and taps her foot ;^)
Stewbaby

All your guitars are belong to us!

goldtop0
Squier
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by goldtop0 »

'65 Super Reverb and '87 Marshall Silver Jubilee 2x12 Combo.
The Reverb is a good toneful and powerful combo( 4x10) and is a lot fuller sounding or let's say richer sounding(and has more headroom) than the Marshall.
The Super I use for all songs in general and the Marshall for all early Mayall/Clapton tunes as it has that real crunchy overdrive at high volume typical of the Brit 60s era.
Combined with the g2d Custom Overdrive pedal these two combos can really give out the tonal differences I like with my LP.
Doin' that scrapyard thing.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Well, as of 12:30 today, I have two amps 8)

My 15 watt Park jobby, and the new purchase: a Laney TF300 1x12 combo 8) It's 3 channel: solid-state clean, tube preamp for the two dirty channels, and solid state power section with 120 watts into 1 12" speaker (H/H or somesuch).

Funnily enough, I'd say the Laney's my main amp now. 8) Can't wait to have another play with it. As it happens, the wife's working late this evening, so the Laney might just get a bit of a workout. ;)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by angry_young_poet »

I've used one of those Laney Tube fusion amps..

really wonderful.. i think the one i tried was the 2x12..

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

It did sound damn nice. It came down to the TF300 or a Line6 Spider. There were more bells and whistles on the Spider, but the sound of the Laney just won me over. 8)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2261 times
Been liked: 3908 times

Post by Bg »

good call mate, I'm now a big fan of the ss/tube fusion after playing with my MosValve for a few months. Its got beautiful overdrive at any level and is not strictly 3 channel, but has an additional 'stack' control I can kick in further if need be. The clean channel on mine is tube preamp too and sounds good if I put the bluesbreaker pedal in front of it :) Not keen on the spiders, they somehow look a little plastic too me...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

gregtarr
I am Marshall, hear me roar!

Post by gregtarr »

8)
I knew it would happen sooner or later.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

Just two amps for me right now

Main amp: 1993 Marshall JCM900 4500 50w Dual Reverb running on EL34's and ECC83's with a Crate 4x12 cab packing Celestion G12t-75's. This is my main workhorse and I'll proabably keep it until it blows up or I spot a better one. I prefer 50w amps to 100w, they work harder and get a better tone at reasonable volumes.

Practise amp: Park G10 10w combo. Okay for playing around home, fairly useless for jamming with band even quietly but works for now. I hope to change it for a smallish tube combo a-la Peavey Classic 30 or Marshall JTM-30.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

angry_young_poet wrote:I've used one of those Laney Tube fusion amps..

really wonderful.. i think the one i tried was the 2x12..
Yep that was Steve's Laney TF320, the 2X12 version of Tsuken's. 120 watts three channels, wonderful clean, paintstipping distortion and creamy overdrive. Can't complain about that! It's also loud enough to keep up with the AC30 so it's got power to burn.

Yeah my friend Steve and went shopping for hybrid amps for him because he plays a hollow body violin that whistles and screams like a mother fukcer with valve amps, we had a play on quite a few things including Marshall valvestates and such. The best by far including the JCM series (all valve I know) was the TF320. Great little amp, oodles of gain if neccassary too wihich is a bonus for some!
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

And they are reasonably priced too! :P

Polar Bear
Burns BHM

Post by Polar Bear »

In all honesty I'd still reccommend a Cambridge 30 over it though.

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Ahh thanks for that! You did not fail me there! ;) i am very happy with my cambridge, will have to do the mod as you say o' golden haired one! :P

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2261 times
Been liked: 3908 times

Post by Bg »

o' golden haired one!
why don't you two get a room?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Polar Bear
Burns BHM

Post by Polar Bear »

bluesgeek wrote:
o' golden haired one!
why don't you two get a room?
me Ma always told me it was good to share. You ungrateful old bugger ;)